Rituximab

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tamme Cowan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ella
    Participant

I have been on IVIG since 2009 for CIDP. I was diagnosed with small cell lymphoma in 85% of the bone marrow. The oncologist prescribed Rituxan once aweek for 4 weeks. They now have it set up for me to receive 4 treatments every 6 months. I had a problem a few months ago with the billing for the IVIG treatments. My doctor said I had improved since being on Rituxan and wanted to stop the IVIG treatments for the time being and if I started going downhill then he would start IVIG back again. My last treatment was at the end of December and I have not noticed any difference. I have not had any side effects from the Rituxan except occasionally Benedryl legs.

Tamme Cowan
    Participant

I will be receiving my first Rituximab treatment in two weeks. I will have two treatments every six months. I was told it could take up to a year for some people to
    respond and sometimes it doesn’t work at all. The brain virus side effect is frightening and all the other potential infections one can get due to the immune system weakening. My immune system is already compromised. I’m hoping for the best and will report on how things go.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.