now itching all over w/o rash

• January 5, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Experiencing itching all over without a rash. I think due to anxiety from inability to actively participate in life from chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia some of the many residuals resulting from gbs/cidp. I am grateful that i am able to do what i can and get around as good as I do. My doctor wasn’t kidding when he said as you get older you could have “diminished” quality of life. Had full course of gbs 15 yrs ago. Was able to excerise regularly after paralyazation now it puts me down for days. Anyone else experiencing this? I know this symtom, as we have many weird ones, will pass but frustrating at times.Venting to others who are understanding about gbs/cidp helps so much as most people don’t understand. Thanks!!

• January 5, 2016 at 9:42 pm

I remember that all over itching feeling. I used to get it a lot, now it hits my legs and feet off and on. I found that Restless Legs Relief tablets from Magnilife stops mine, and pretty quickly too.

I too still have residuals since my bout with GBS/CIDP in 2008. Fatigue from exercise is one of them, especially below the knees where I’m still quite paralyzed. I don’t have FMS or CFS and am happy about that, my wife has both (not from GBS). Have you tried Savella (milnacipran HCl)? It works well for many FMS/CFS patients.

Nerve damage from GBS/CIDP can be difficult to repair. Have you tried Alpha Lipoic Acid? It has helped some of us if taken at a dosage of around 1500MG per day. I take it daily.

Best of luck for your future health!

• January 8, 2016 at 10:29 am

Thanks Jim. I will try alpha lipoic. Had been suggested to me before, forgot about it. wishing you good health and peace, acceptance with what we have for today.

• January 31, 2016 at 1:46 am

Hi,I had one round of IVIG in mid-dec. no problem during the treatment but 10 days later started to get rash. Dr put me on a course of prednisone but did not do much good. Have cortisone cream both 1 & 2% still have hives everywhere. So itchy and uncomfortable. What now ? How long will it take to go? Anyone out there who can give me some advise, much appreciated.

• January 31, 2016 at 11:09 am

Hi, I just wanted to express concern with your itching problem. If you have already tried topical and oral antihistamines and the itching is still there, then it obviously is not an allergic reaction. Itching w/o rash might suggest a liver problem which commonly can be as a result of drug treatments. The liver is unable to clean the blood so the impurities rise to the surface of the skin and cause itching. I would suggest no alcohol consumption till your liver function is confirmed. Prednisone is often suggested as well as other courses of action. Anxiety does not cause itching.

Tagged: