I need Help

• March 21, 2020 at 8:27 pm

I am a a 20 year old male, I am young and i shouldnt have these issues. I have muscle spasms and really bad spasticity its hard for me to move around and my legs are constantly in pain and feel extremely stiff my hand coordination is effected as well i cant turn keys or things like that. I have no “official” diagnosis, other then my differential diagnosis from my nerve conduction study. The Diagnosis i received from that was MMN or AMAN however further blood tests showed no antibodies which made my doctors completely rule it out. Was this a mistake by my doctors to rule out this disease so early into the process? Looking at my nerve conduction study and reading the journals on how to interpret NCS led me to the same conclusion the doc who did my NCS came to. The nuerologist who did my NCS is not the neurologist i see every 3 months or so. Should i request another NCS or request to be switched to the neurologist who did my NCS as my primary doctor. I dont think doing another NCS would be helpful though because my CMAP’s were already so abysmally low it wouldnt tell them anything.

• March 21, 2020 at 9:56 pm

Further tests are required to diagnose your condition. A lumbar puncture to determine if your Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is elevated should be performed. More tests are listed in the following article:
      https://30g7el1b4b1n28kgpr414nuu-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AcuteCareICU13.pdf

More about AMAN here:

Axonal Guillan Barre (AMAN)

MMN info can be found in the following forum thread:

MMN anyone update on here with it?