CIDP knowledgeable neurologists in Denver area

• March 12, 2022 at 12:17 pm

I was recently diagnosed with CIDP, but don’t know that my neurologist has all that much experience with treating it. I saw there was a thread from 2017 on this forum about neurologists in the Denver area. Since that was 5 years ago, I thought I’d post again to see if there were any new recommendations about CIDP knowledgeable neurologists in Denver area. Thanks…

• March 12, 2022 at 12:42 pm

Hi! I was sent to Anschutz medical center in Aurora. There are several neurologists that know about CIDP. After seeing about 4 of them, I chose one. He is now working at St Anthony hospital in Lakewood. Name is Dr Zachary Wilson, 720-321-8111. I’ve been with him since 2017 or 2018. Other people in the Denver area really like Dr Go (I’ve never seen him). Dr Wilson and Dr Go are the top regarding CIDP from what I’ve experienced or read about.

• March 12, 2022 at 3:22 pm

Thanks Frances, it’s always great to get a referral from someone who lives in the area.

The closest Center of Excellence to Denver is University of Utah (a 7-hour drive) here:

https://www.gbs-cidp.org/gbs_cfe/university-of-utah

However, there is a nearby GBS-CIDP Foundation chapter you can contact for Neurologist referrals and I think this person is still available:

Evi Makovsky

Denver, CO 80246

303 898 8382

Evi.makovsky@gbs-cidp.org

• March 12, 2022 at 4:16 pm

Keep in mind that even though a doctor works at a Center of Excellence,  it doesn’t mean they know CIDP better than anther neurologist. There is a Facebook page (NOT affiliated with GBS-CIDP Foundation) full of people with CIDP or have a family member.  There was another person that asked about a doctor n the Denver area, about a year or so ago.  I do hope you’ll reach out to people there along with the people in this forum. The FB CIDP page (there are different ones) has an icon that is a sea turtle swimming underwater in blue water. It is a very active page.

Tagged: