CIDP and the eyes

• August 9, 2019 at 8:07 pm

So every day my husband is noticing more symptoms, he is really scared.Does CIDP affect the eyes? He has noticed that one eye seems more “squinty” than the other and he has also noticed his vision has become a little worse where he has noticed over the last couple of weeks. Is this normal with CIDP? Last time this happened he barely could walk and had to use a walker. We saw the neurologist today and is going to to an EMG on Tuesday and in the meantime IF things progressively get worse through the weekend to go to the ER for IVig and thankfully she is on call this weekened.

• August 9, 2019 at 8:55 pm

There is a possibility your husband contracted Miller Fisher Syndrome. I had this when I was afflicted with GBS/CIDP/MFS. Please review this booklet and consult with your Neurologist:
      https://30g7el1b4b1n28kgpr414nuu-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MillerFisherSyndrome.pdf

You can also do a keyword search for it here in the forums, there are many discussion threads that cover it.

• August 10, 2019 at 12:56 am

Wow thank you so much for all of your information you have given.

Tagged: