Getting Pregnant after GBS

• Anonymous
      May 2, 2010 at 9:02 am

I know there are a lot of questions about getting pregnant after having GBS, but I wanted to put my specific question/story out there.

I was diagnosed in Oct 2007, 10 weeks after having my daughter. I had a pretty severe case, but was extremely lucky with my recovery. This past December my husband and I tried to start trying for another – our decision was based on our lives more so than my health. I have been back to about 99% for about 2 years now. So anyway we got pregnant right away, just like the last time, but this time I had miscarried. Now we have been trying for a couple more months with no luck. I know that it hasn’t been too long and that with our busy lives things may get in the way during the VERY small window of time to conceive. I just want to know if I should consider going to the doctor, gyno and or neurologist, earlier rather than waiting the recommended 6 months?

Thanks for any insight that all of you can give me!
      Brie

• May 18, 2010 at 2:12 pm

After I miscarried, it took us 6 months even though we had conceived so easily the first two times ( I had a 2 year old at the time).
      It’s a horrible yucky thing to go through and so many people thought by telling me statistics and numbers of how normal it was was supposed to make me feel better.
      I had to come to terms that I didn’t do anything knowingly wrong. After I relaxed and began to forgave myself, it seemed like I became pregnant at the right time for us.
      It wasn’t until I held my next daughter in my arms that I completely forgave myself. Once she was born, I fully understood how complicated but special carryng a baby to full term was.
      Unless you feel something is wrong, I would wait. It sounds like you’ve seen enough of doctors, dear, and may just need some time for you and the hubby.
      Unless you are feeling GBS symptoms, spend your time on the two of you!

That’s my advice and my hubby’s would be the same as he went through it all with me. The only thing he would add is to “practice, practice, practice” but that’s my hubby for ya! We now have 4 children and each one is so unique and precious ๐Ÿ™‚

Good Luck and keep us posted – baby news is so happy to hear!

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2012 at 7:50 am

Amazing post its a very helpful.

• Anonymous
      April 24, 2014 at 12:54 pm

6 film izle SEO ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™„

• January 30, 2017 at 9:47 am

I actually am a little worried about getting pregnant so close to me becoming fully recovered. I just don’t know if it would make my pain more intense or if the surge of hormones could actually help. I have nothing against having a baby with my boyfriend, it just scares me just a little bit thinking about it. on the downside apparently all my medication could possibly be messing with my birth control so I could very well become pregnant ๐Ÿ˜€

• November 21, 2017 at 1:30 am

Hello,

I know it was a 14 year gap between me getting pregnant, and receiving a GBS diagnosis (October 2002–doc said the worst he had ever treated).

I wanted to share with you that I have a very healthy soon-to-be 5 month old little girl now. I was so worried I wouldn’t be able to carry a baby to full term.

To answer residual effects from GBS (the pain, tiredness, and fatigue): I found my symptoms improved.

I hope this gives you hope.

• March 16, 2018 at 9:55 am

Hi, this is a personal question and I respect if you choose not to answer. But I was wondering if you ever had any miscarriages? I was diagnosed in 1996 at 6 years old. Iโ€™m now almost 28. I gave birth to my daughter in 2015, but have had several miscarriages prior to my daughter and after her. Iโ€™m wondering if this has any correlation to GBS… even though it was 22 years ago.

• February 20, 2024 at 1:36 pm

Whenever a woman has GBS, how long should she wait before returning to work? If you feel fatigue and weakness as a result of GBS, wait until those symptoms have cleared up or are almost gone before taking any action. As a general rule, this process takes between 12 weeks and 12 months.

Tagged: