Your favorite PT student…once again

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2007 at 9:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry I have been a stranger…I started a new clinical affiliation that deals with strickly spinal problems. BLEH not that interesting or challenging thus far…I guess I should go easy on them since its fairly new. I can say my interest lies more with GBS as I find it a challenge for me to do my best…and help all of you to the best of my abilities. I am still keeping the reading up on GBS and I havent forgotten..because like I said I WANT To make a change and a difference for those who I am priveledged enough to work with.

So stay positive everyone, and try to stay as healthy as possible maintain what you got, and work to improve it.

Bxrgrl. PT hoping to make a difference!~

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2007 at 8:46 am

Good morning.
      I have been reading the replys from members. I went through therpy for GBS for close to 3 months. In that time I went from a walker to a cane and then on my own. I was the 1st GBS patient he and his assistant had. He had done as you while in school and got very intrested in GBS.
      The 1st thing I told him was DO NOT PATRONIZE ME. If I had a bad day tell me. If I was lazy tell me. Above all develope a trust between youself and your Pt.
      Be firm yet know when to ease off. My therpist challanged me and at times when he said rest I said NO. I want to keep going. He did listen.
      Today he is working with his 3rd GBS patient.Also they have daily inservice and he has given several to other therpists.
      My Neuroligist uses me to talk to new Pts with GBS and I always suggest that they see my therpist. My Dr does also.To find therpist that want to get totally involved with a GBS Pt is rare. Thank you for your intrest and choice.
      (Steve)

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2007 at 11:40 am

Hello – I am new to the forum so I have not heard from you before. I want to say thow much I appricate your continued interest in our problems. The best advise I got was from my PT’s. It was she who told me about the foundation and how to order a copy of the overview. The Dr’s seemed to view me as a very interesting case study, while the therpyist was interested more in just getting me better!:p
      Alma
      GBS 1993 and 2004

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2007 at 8:41 pm

I became interested with GBS when I encountered a pt. with this..and the PT i was working with knew very little about GBS. I believe we pushed the pt. too hard and relapsed her. I was very naive then with the treatments possible and just exactly how to handle a patient with GBS…but i am learning more and more each day. I dont patronize my pts. I want to motivate but im also there to let you know alright lets back off a bit…youre doing too much too fast. Ive been told I have a very friendly face and comforting approach…so with those two…i think I can work with my pts. No need to thank me…I love my job to be…and i hope to make a difference.

Thanks steve! keep up the good work.

Bxrgrl~ maria future PT hoping to make a difference.:cool: [QUOTE=mochacat]Good morning.
      I have been reading the replys from members. I went through therpy for GBS for close to 3 months. In that time I went from a walker to a cane and then on my own. I was the 1st GBS patient he and his assistant had. He had done as you while in school and got very intrested in GBS.
      The 1st thing I told him was DO NOT PATRONIZE ME. If I had a bad day tell me. If I was lazy tell me. Above all develope a trust between youself and your Pt.
      Be firm yet know when to ease off. My therpist challanged me and at times when he said rest I said NO. I want to keep going. He did listen.
      Today he is working with his 3rd GBS patient.Also they have daily inservice and he has given several to other therpists.
      My Neuroligist uses me to talk to new Pts with GBS and I always suggest that they see my therpist. My Dr does also.To find therpist that want to get totally involved with a GBS Pt is rare. Thank you for your intrest and choice.
      (Steve)[/QUOTE]

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2007 at 8:44 pm

Well, welcome and thank you for responding to my quote. I have written the foundation and I got the introductory packet. This has been very helpful and I have passed it on to my classmates so they too can be informed and pass on the info.

Thank you Alma for responding…Keep up the good work..

Bxrgrl~ maria PT hoping to make a difference.:cool: [QUOTE=Alma]Hello – I am new to the forum so I have not heard from you before. I want to say thow much I appricate your continued interest in our problems. The best advise I got was from my PT’s. It was she who told me about the foundation and how to order a copy of the overview. The Dr’s seemed to view me as a very interesting case study, while the therpyist was interested more in just getting me better!:p
      Alma
      GBS 1993 and 2004[/QUOTE]

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2007 at 12:10 pm

Maria,
      Your passion along with compassion for all of us really shows and you are making a difference!

God bless you!
      ~Amy Kuncaitis
      Author of “Joy in the Morning”
      [url]www.joyinthemorningbook.com[/url]
      [email]amy@joyinthemorningbook.com[/email]

~Mother of Makenna who had GBS in 2005 at age 4 1/2. There is hope….