While we are at it…varying pupil sizes anyone?

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 9:34 am

Sometimes I have varying pupil sizes and doctors have noticed slow pupil reaction time in one eye or the other. It doesn’t happen all the time. No doctor ever seems too concerned. Any of you ever have this?

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 9:46 am

Hiya,
      It’s called “Horner’s Syndrome”, which I also have. CIDP can cause it. Do a search on the web, and you can read about it.
      I cannot take bright light due to it.
      KEDASO

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 11:22 am

I don’t have Horners, but thanks for the info. My sister in law, who has no neurological disorders, does have it though. My pupils are only slightly different and not fixed.

Take care, Susanne

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 11:49 am

I had unequal pupils at times as well as double vision. It took almost 2 years but it seems to have resolved itself. I still have sluggish response but they do work…..thats all I can ask! 😉 The Dr. never really focussed on it when I would mention it but it was more than annoying to me at the time, I admit to that!

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 12:26 pm

wow..i have never heard of this..my son has varying pupils and thru out his athletic career doctors always question concussions..he has also always been sensitive to sunlight. i may have to find out more about this.

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Stormy,

Unequal pupil size can be inherited. If he has it since childhood, and it is intermittent, it is probably nothing. Mine goes away, but comes back every now and then. Same goes with sluggish reaction time.

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 6:51 pm

That is strange for I have noticed this myself but never thought about asking about it! Now I know what is going on! Hmmm! Weird stuff we all go through huh?

• Anonymous
      September 4, 2008 at 12:53 am

im sure most of you know by now that we are pretty sure that i didnt have GBS, but i had a ton of the symptoms.

ive never heard any one else talk about uneven pupil size! that is one of the things that was happening to me. i could usually tell when it was happening because id get this wierd pain, like a stabbing pain, in my eye and temple. docs never seemed concerned about mine, either. nothing ever came of it.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2008 at 5:23 am

Hi everybody

Sometimes my pupils are unequal and I still have residual double vision. My eyes also get easily tired by reading or staring at the computer screen. I told my Neurologist about the pupils and he didn’t seem concerned. He said that it will take time for my eyes to go back to normal