Walking Again

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 11:51 am

My account got cut off when the forums had a hiccup

But I got GBS In july. And I’ve been fighting it ever since. I don’t write a lot but I’m a 19 year old college male. I was a basketball athlete for my local club, And in days I went from a healthy teen to someone that couldn’t walk and had to have been hospitalized for 2 weeks. I have been fighting so hard ever since, I have never wanted something so bad in my life. I have finally started to be able to walk without my cane. And I have been able to do several miles at a time. I want to let everyone know that has GBS, there is hope. This Saturday I am going to walk in my cities race for the cure (Breast Cancer) and represent everyone that is struggling with GBS. Maybe I’m lucky, but I have gotten so much better through my faith. While the walk isn’t for GBS, its a good cause and I want people to know about GBS and hopefully raise awareness for those that don’t have it, and bring hope to those that do.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 2:11 pm

Thank you for your efforts. Your story is an amazing challenge and subsequent success that offers hope to all. Good luck with the walk!

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 2:25 pm

Thanks for putting your effort towards a great cause. You are a real hero!

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 4:22 pm

way to go! I would love to get a organization made up so we can have our own walk,wheel, bicycle, run for a cure of this. NOt sure how to get this done. any suggestions??:confused:

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 5:31 pm

Good for you and congrats on your recovery.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2006 at 7:33 pm

You have a stong attitude and you will be completly recovered. If I may suggest something, join a Christian young group in your local church, ask to be blessed by the olders of the community as well as in your family. I have gone thru GBS as you may read some of my postings. It took me, thanks GOD only 3 weeks to get back to my normal life after experiencing the worst ever, from bycicle one day to bed next day without moving and having respiratory problems. remember GOD is good and just need to call on him. I love my life now, and I will never go back to where I was, I have learned the lesson.
      Hope this helps and keep in touch. God bless you.