Vitamin B, Myers Cocktail – experience, opinions?

• August 27, 2018 at 4:36 pm

I’m scheduled at my Naturopath to have the Myer’s Cocktail this week – a mix of vitamins and minerals given intravenously – basically Vitamins B, C, and Calcium and Magnesium. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%27_cocktail

Does anyone have experience with this, or opinions? I know Vitamin B helps nerves regrow, and I take it as a supplement already. On the other hand, I do cycle in my symptoms and I don’t want to upset the applecart – i.e. cause another crisis.

I live in Canada, and as much as I consider socialized medicine to be a “minimum” for any modern country, it meant a 7 week delay before I could first see a Neurologist, which meant I was out of the best window for IVIG. That was Not Very Good. She decided that because I can still walk, and I also because I saw her on “good” day, that she wouldn’t be giving me IVIG, and probably I can’t see her again. I sent her a letter asking for help, but zero reply. I’m seeing my GP tomorrow, but I doubt that will do anything. So basically I’m on my own.

I do wish we in Canada had e.g. French level of health care, or even better the Swiss or Australian option, where you can pay for quick access if you want it, but everybody (even the poorest child) still has the basics covered. I live very close to the US and have paid for special care there before, but IVIG is I think ruinously expensive for me to cover myself. So all those considerations are water under the bridge.

I have periods of good days, and periods of bad days. The Neurologist didn’t decide for sure whether I have Guillain-Barré or CIDP yet. But either way, I’m cycling, and it’s changing in character – much less fatigue and loss of sensation, but worse neurological symptoms otherwise.

Has anyone tried the Myer’s Cocktail? Any other knowledge out there in this area? I searched the forums here, but there aren’t any posts about it. Thank you and best wishes!

• September 5, 2018 at 10:33 am

Sorry, but I have never even heard about Vitamin B, Myers Cocktail.

• September 5, 2018 at 2:27 pm

That makes two of us who had never heard of vitamin injections, Myers Cocktail.

I am having a third session this week. On the 2nd, the practitioner added carnitine, which did not agree with me – made me jumpy, and feel less good re: GBS/CIDP. So I will go back to what we did the first time, which was very good.

• September 12, 2018 at 10:01 am

I take a supplement of methylfolate (S6)MTHF)- 1/ 10mg a day half morning half nitely. If taken at once it makes me jittery.

Does it help. honestly I think it does.

• September 12, 2018 at 12:07 pm

I take a supplement of methylfolate (S6)MTHF)- 1/ 10mg a day half morning half nitely. If taken at once it makes me jittery.

Does it help. honestly I think it does. I fell I have slightly increased hand strength. For if I miss a dose, I can’t open doors or take off a lid, ect.

There is a bunch of B–vitamin info. I now the form, and mg, matter im my case.