Up Date Me

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 9:28 pm

I really am ashamed it’s been so long since I’ve been on. Since breaking my foot on the 24th of June it has put me in a funky mood. I was so excited when I got my new braces at the hospital just a few days before. While in the hospital I had taken my first steps in seven months. anyway my foot is nearly healed I hope, and I will soon be able to try again. And what I can’t believe is I don’t get into see orthopedic surgeon for my broken foot until the 21st of this month. By then there should be no reason to cast on. My husband keeps it wrapped and I stay off it.

I can not remember the new drug that put me on,but it is to suppress my immune system. It’s been over a month since my last IVIG treatment I’m doing well. It’s hard to say how much strength I have since I can’t use my legs because of my broken foot. But I feel like if I hadn’t broken my foot I would be walking around the house by now. With my braces and Walker of course.

I’ve applied for Social Security and have not heard back from them as of yet.I hope I do the first time around. If not I will get an attorney, and go from there.

really have missed everyone here. I will try not to be such a stranger.

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 9:34 pm

in reading what I posted above ICI made many errors. A friend of mine gave me NaturallySpeaking Dragon and is a little like having someone who knows some English and you have to teach it the rest. It will be nice when I can just talking it will type what I say. If any one would like a copy let me know and I will see if I can burn you 1.

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 9:38 pm

Glad to see you back Vikki, if you need any help or advice on the social security process let me know, I learned way more then I ever wanted to in getting mine 🙂

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 9:57 pm

Welcome back Vickie. (Did I misspell that? ) I hope your visit to the orthoprdic Dr. is successful. It will be good for you to get back on your feet again. Glad to have you back with us.
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 9:59 pm

Yeppers, I sure did misspell that name. Vikki . Sorry about that !
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 5:33 am

Hi Vikki!
      Nice to see you’re back! It would be very interesting to know the name\type of the new immuno-suppresant drug you’re on now. Wonder how your NaturallySpeakingDragon will cope with names of drugs and other “unnatural” words, though!

Please tell us about your progression with this new drug too – it’s very important to lots of folks out there, you know.

Hope you leg will grow fast and good!

All the best from

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 3:38 pm

Hello Vikki,
      It’s good to see that you’re able to come back here now. I remembered about the foot and know how much that can frustrate you because I broke my foot twice (same one, same bone) and sprained my ankle three times.

You’ll get an email from me soon.
      Liz