trying something new per the pain mgmt dr

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Hello all

My nuero warned me not to get excited when the pain mgmt dr has new ideas about treatments. So, I wont get excited but…

Pain dr wants me to better my diet and try something called glutathione. He’s hooked me up with a lady that sells the stuff in a pyramid type scheme.
      From what I understand, it’s a food with this stuff in it. Perhaps, a bar of some kind. I called the lady and waiting to hear back. He told me he gets no kick back but would be interested to see how it works for me.
      I suppose it’s a nutrition thing. He went over my diet and wants me to choose more wisely, etc. And, I do need to do that. I do want to lose alot of pounds. I’ll know more about the product after talking to the lady.
      I dont usually fall for the schemes and vitamin bits but, if it wont hurt, I think I might try this.
      I’m desperate.

I had to rush home yesterday morning b/c I had both sets of keys and hubby needed to get to work. As I rushed, I went too fast and I fell in the parking lot at work. Totally humiliated and hurt. I messed up my knee that’s been bothering me so bad. I mean, it hurts and I KNOW something is wrong. I’m hoping to prove myself wrong and that time will heal it. Stupid, I know. Stupid for not doing what I said I’d do…carry the cane into work…I take all the blame and am really pissed at myself b/c now…and like all of you said would happen…happened. I fell and hurt myself.

I’m ok and I’ll be ok. With each new day I see CIDP taking away from me and I’m getting frustrated and scared.

After reading the EMG notes from my neuro to my husband he talked to me about how someday, if we need to, we could build a wrap around driveway and put a ramp in. How sweet of him. But, no. It’s not gonna be needed.

The EMG…bad. I think I’ll post a diff thread about it.

hanging my head like a puppy that knows better,

Stacey

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 5:31 pm

I am interested in how he wants to change your diet.
      i know a lot of people who got rid of sugars and “white” flours, etc and their intense pain either totally went away or went down to something tolerable. I know some types of sugar affects me more than others (corn syrup, or “liquid” sugars can give me some pain while granulated does not).
      Anyway the people I know who benefit from the above tend to eat more meat (mostly lean or fish), nuts, veggies and fruits, no sweets, no breads, etc.

• December 17, 2008 at 11:31 am

Stacey, the above thread mentioned sugars, it is true, sugars act as a carrier or something like that and they irritate inflamation. As well, apparently red items are good for inflamation, strawberries and cherries I remember reading about in particular. As you said a better diet could not hurt any of us. About the nutrition stuff, I remember some time ago another doc suggested to a person to call some other person, I think there was some debate on the ethics of it? Hey if it works, and it is in the budget, I am with you, why not. About the driveway and husband, good God woman, this guy sounds like prince charming, I would keep him if I were you!!!! I responded to your EMG report on your other thread. I did forget to mention something though, were you at the talk regarding the study of axonal damage and repair? I know it is in the four legged stage, but the drug itself is approved for other uses already, maybe you could look into that study?
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2008 at 2:08 pm

Interesting, I don’t eat sugar or really even like sweet stuff – I wonder if that’s why I don’t have as much pain as some of you. Let us know how this works out for you, I’m curious!

(Notice I didn’t fuss at you about the cane? I figured you paid for it enough with a bruised butt… you’ll be taking it with you from now on though won’t you?)

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2008 at 2:55 pm

The majority of people I know who don’t use sugar believe that it is actually the toxins from Candida that is causing the pain. Sugar feeds Candida. I don’t know if it is true, but I know that for for me, for many years there was a correlation to the amount of thrush in my mouth and the amount of pain I had.
      Back when I had a lot of pain, limiting the sugar helped…and my thrush went away.

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2008 at 8:20 am

this stuff is called glutathione and it’s pills, not a bar. at least that is the active ingredient I guess. I have a website address if anyone is interested, send me an email or pm. I dont wanna seem like I”m promoting anything b/c I’m truly not.

I havent decided if I’m gonna try for sure…still checking out the website.

good day all,
      Stacey