Tremor

• October 2, 2013 at 2:30 am

Do any of yall have a tremor?? When I over do it, am tired, or have any adrenaline pumping I have one… when I’m trying to do a task that requires fine motor skills it’s really annoying.. If I go to reach for something my arms kind of shimey.. makes me nervous!!! I think I am getting better not worse, but the tremor is new in the past 1 year… The dr doesnt’ nkow what to think about it – or anything else it seems!!! It’s worse when my IVIG wears off! T

• GH
      October 2, 2013 at 3:19 am

I have a residual tremor, but it’s minor. It seems to be worse when I am overexerted. It isn’t a problem except that I have to remember to handle dishes carefully.

• October 4, 2013 at 8:01 am

thank you GH, sorry you have this issue too!! It isnt’ too bad, unless i’m trying to do something with fine motor skills and then it’s frustrating.. especially if someone else see’s it, as I dont’ want to have to explain!

• October 4, 2013 at 11:02 am

I get tremors when I get upset or push my body to hard. The wave of tingling is not so bad now that I now what triggers them.

• October 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm

harry- I am the same way!! If i get mad, or really excited, or any type of adrenaline, I feel like my whole body tremors.. and I actually get weaker until the adrenaline (happy or mad/sad) goes down.. its’s quite annoying

• October 7, 2013 at 9:23 pm

That’s me. Fine work, especially if I am tired, is maddening.

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2013 at 6:57 am

Same here. It comes and goes. Specially annoying when I type. Also get what I call “the morning shakes” . Wake up with a subtle but generalized tremor. Not bad, as soon as I get up and start moving, it goes away.
      Rick

• November 14, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I get a weird motorized general tremor all over sometimes. Especially when I am getting close to needing an infusion. I find it annoying but now that I see others get it I feel better. I was wondering if it was only me or if it was related to my CIDP or what. Now I know that it probably is and I will relax the next time I get it. Rubbing the back of my neck seems to help because I swear the tremor originates from my neck. Feels like my body is standing on a tuning fork. Hands shake too when trying to do fine stuff. I look like an old lady and I am only 49!

• November 25, 2013 at 9:36 pm

My left hand trembles constantly, specially the thumb. It is there all the time, nothing seems to make it better or worse and my neurologist didn’t have any suggestions so I just had to learn to live with it.

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2014 at 1:38 am

Hi,

Nice to hear I’m not the only one going through this issue.I have experienced tremors for the past 2-3 years now and they are only getting worse. It use to be just once in a while now I have tremors daily but they only get worse when my heart rate increases and if I get nervous or exercise. I asked my doctor he said it could be a side affect from me getting better. I have been on IVIG for 7 years now taking a double dose every 4 weeks, the past half year I have been able to extend my IVIGs till 9 weeks between doses. I feel great. I started exercising and lifting weights I see all my muscles coming back and I can finally run again. I ran for the first time in 9 years last summer. I never thought the day would come but I believed and fought. I hope we all will get through this terrible disease. Glad to have this forum for support.

• January 31, 2014 at 5:09 am

Sorry all of yall have to struggle with this in addition to everything else as well!!! I ended up having a “re”loading infusion of IVIG and it made my tremor almost go away!! that was a few months ago and i feel like it is slowly coming back again.. I should probably be getting infusions every 2 weeks instead of every 3.. but my veins were so sore all the time – my body can get so irritated with IVIG.. the veins will hurt all the way up to my neck and even in my legs (anyone else have this)?

Ebenfelte- thats great to hear a success story!!! I like the sound of it being a sign of improvement!! I bet only getting an infusion every 9 weeks was so nice!!! I can’t even imagine seeing muscle come back! I didn’t have any wasting initially, as it hit me pretty fast – i crashed within a 6 month period.. then even though I improved greatly the wasting became a little more apparent.. (from the initial damage they presume).. I crave being able to run and work out again!!! At only 33 years old, I feel like i’m waaay older!

• January 31, 2014 at 7:00 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerve_root

Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyRADICULOneuropathy is my diagnosis.

Meaning; many (perhaps all) of the 33 nerve roots coming out of the spine are inflamed. If you consider what demyelinazation does, many of the diverse symptoms in this thread can be explained. IvIG therapy(and other therapies and drugs) allows remyelization in a non-inflamed environment, thereby allowing action potentials to reach muscles without or with less conduction blockage.

It took 7 years for me to get my CIDP diagnoses. I was told over and over that all my symptoms were diabetes related.
      Unfortunately, during that time, I lost partial function in my left foot (drop foot), developed permanent breathing problems and right hand dysfunction.

I also have fasciculations (tremors) that originate from cervical spine nerve root deymelinazation
      that manifests in my left deltoids, right trapezoid and sternocleidomastoid muscles. When these muscles are effected by CIDP I have severe left arm weakness, diaphragm related breathing difficulties; leg and gait, and swallowing/chewing problems.

Luckily, with bi-monthly IvIG (200 grams/month) and 50mg of azathioprine 2x/day, I have regained many motor and sensory functions
      over much of my body. My tremors have subsided. What was diagnosed as Essential Tremor in my right was also CIDP and ceases
      after infusions.

I will never run again, but I feel blessed to have achieved a measure of success with the correct CIDP diagnoses, and drug and IvIG therapy.

And, yes, everything is worse when the IgG wears off, but I’ve discovered that the relapses can be ameliorated by strenuous and disciplined lap-swimming or repetitive lifting of small weighs, while walking.

My initial diagnoses was ALS, so everything and anything is better after that misdiagnoses.

• January 31, 2014 at 10:05 am

I am still very early in this disease, struggling to get diagnosed. But I already have tremors. In my hands and feet. And an overall vibrating feeling. Without treatment, they are getting worse.

I am glad to hear ivig seem to work for so many of you and hope it keeps working.

• February 2, 2014 at 9:26 pm

stevemckean – wow, how long did you have the ALS diagnosis? The first dr I saw about all this mess told me he thought I had ALS (i was 30 years old and about 2 months post partum).. Once they did the EMG three days later (not a fun 3 days).. they said “oh, I guess, not, you have some mild demylenation”.. anyhow.. Why did it take 7 years for the CIDP diagnosis – were your LP’s and NCV’s normal? was your needle EMG ever abnormal? SO glad your doing better!!!! I know I am almost 3 years into this and am SO thankful everday for being able to walk, talk and even work still.. I was on a fast fast decline.. thought I’d be dead in a matter of months at the most at the rate I was going.. so scary .. My neuro mentioned benign essential tremor, but my response, was that it has GOT to be related to the CIDP, as its just not likely I would happen to have a tremor at 33 and then this separate neuro issue, when no one in my family has a tremor..

gslm- I have the vibrating all over as well.. I sware I have my cell phone on vibrate a lot.. I will have to check all my pockets.. it’s really odd!

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2014 at 11:57 pm

I am having problems with tremors also. I have them in my right hand, which is my dominate hand. So hate to have my right hand do that because I eat with that hand. A loaded fork/spoon is not good!!! I have actually stopped eating at times because of this. I don’t want to go out to eat with my family, its so embarrassing!!! I refuse to get to the point of being fed!! My left hand is so weak that holding a fork/spoon is near impossible. Stress brings the tremors out in a flash. Oh the joys of CIDP!!!! 😕

• October 23, 2014 at 5:31 am

I get a weird motorized general tremor all over sometimes. Especially when I am getting close to needing an infusion. I find it annoying but now that I see others get it I feel better. I was wondering if it was only me or if it was related to my CIDP or what. Now I know that it probably is and I will relax the next time I get it. Rubbing the back of my neck seems to help because I swear the tremor originates from my neck. Feels like my body is standing on a tuning fork. Hands shake too when trying to do fine stuff. I look like an old lady and I am only 49!

• March 18, 2015 at 2:57 pm

I’m not happy to hear that anyone else has these full body tremors, but it does make me feel less alone that someone else has them. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.