Tired,PartII

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2008 at 12:00 am

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua]Hi all,
      Good news is this week the Methotrexate did not make me as sick as last week. Thank God because I could not have handled the pain and nausea on top of the eye procedure I had to have done today. It is a laser procedure that created an opening in the lining of the eye to make the body reabsorb the fluid causing the high pressure. I have to put drops in 4x’s a day for the next 5 days and it is pretty sore and irritated but not as bad as the last time I had to have this done. I get the other eye done in 6 weeks. Today I have been having this cartoon image of me trying to climb a little hill with a giants big foot pushing me back down so that I am trying to get up but get nowhere. It makes me laugh. I am trying to do more of that in order to stay humble. Oh, another good thing is I found these really cheap croc knock offs that actually fit my orthotics! And they match the butterflies on them so that made my day. It’s the little things. Ive sort of been on a mission to make them more comfortable for summer wear and these things make them lighter and easier to put on. So FYI for you fashion concious folks. Thanks again everyone for your support.
      Thinking of you all,
      Linda
      [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Hope your eye procedure helps. Did you find a fun color for your crocs? I love those things. The strap holds them on but they are so light. Good shopping! Always like the bargains! 😎

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Hi Jan,
      Glad to hear from you. Yes, the color is like a fushia. Very nice. Now I am just trying to figure out how to put a lining in the AFO so I don’t have to wear a knee socks in the summer. Any suggestions? I hope you are doing well Jan.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2008 at 11:00 pm

What I did was take a long black (because my AFO is black) thin cotton knee high pair of socks and put this over the AFO inside and outside, cutting slits for the straps to go through and using a safety pin at the top toward the outside, because I was going to wear pants and it would not show. You could also sew or use double velco to keep the top “sealed”. this worked great so there was not “hot” plastic against my skin in the summer and it looked pretty polished. I could take the sock off and wash it and repin it.
      Let me know if this is not clear.
      With Hope for cure of these diseases

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2008 at 1:15 am

[IMG]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/images/editor/menupop.gif[/IMG][COLOR=Purple]I was thinking of doing something like that! I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks so much.
      L
      [/COLOR]