Symposium Questions

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2008 at 1:17 am

Can anyone tell me about the symposium in Chicago in November? What is offered? How many patients go? Is it beneficial? How many are in attendance? Where will it be held in Chicago exactly? Any and all info would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Kristen
      cidpandme.blogspot.com

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2008 at 11:14 am

Hi Kristen,

Some of the “details” questions you have asked can be answered on our website, [URL=”http://www.gbs-cidp.org”%5Dwww.gbs-cidp.org%5B/URL%5D once there on the main page there is a banner which if you click on it will take you to our official 2008 10th International Symposium Info page. Right now there is only a limited bit of information being released as we as still finalizing and planning for the event here in the office. Once more plans are made we will update the page. Also brochures will be mailed out later in the summer as we get closer to the event with all the important details listed as well. But for right now just keep checking the website.

Thanks,

Trey Avery
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International
      IT Director

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Thanks so much for the info. Can you tell me how many attended in previous years? I will click on the banner and check it out.
      Thanks!

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2008 at 2:39 pm

Just wondering…Has anyone gotten their newsletter yet with the code for the cheaper hotel rates for the symposium? I got a newsletter from them last fall and am not sure if they lost my address and I should give it to them again!

If anyone got their newsletter w/the code and could pm me it, I would greatly appreciate it:)!!!

Thanks for any help!

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Like many of us, we are waiting for details. I had understood that the brochures would go out in August. Is this still the case?
      WithHope for a cure of these diseases

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2008 at 3:45 am

I would really enjoy going to that. But too sick right now. Do they have this yearly? Maybe next year I will get lucky and be able to go! I hope!

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2008 at 4:03 pm

GBSFI stated in the second reply to this post that BROCHURES will be mailed out in late summer, which means that we should start getting them the end of this month or maybe into mid September. When it gets near the end of the month keep checking the main web page at [url]www.gbsfi.org[/url]

BE PATIENT IN WAITING. They reserve blocks of rooms and they know how much time we need to make our arrangements.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2008 at 8:44 pm

I got my brochure today

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Yes, as Emma stated they have gone out as of August 1, 2008 so look in your mailbox for yours. Inside is all the information you have been requesting for the hotel and other items.

I hope to see alot of you there. See you in Chicago!

Take care,

Trey Avery
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International
      IT Director
      [email]info@gbs-cidp.org[/email]

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2008 at 1:16 am

Linda,

The symposium is held every 2 years.

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2008 at 3:51 pm

So what types of events occur at the symposium? Is it mostly lectures on treatment, diagnosis and research etc?

I havn’t received any information from the foundation on this as oflately but Estelle was mailing it to me today.

It sound like an intersting event, I may fly out there once I know what its all about.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 11:11 am

I just read the post about possibly Sept. before receiving any info. Thanks! I’m making my plane reservations today. Looking forward to it!

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 11:12 am

I haven’t received anything either, but know that some of the members have. Not sure why that is.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 1:34 pm

If you haven’t received your brochure by the end of this week, send me your contact information or fill out our contact info request on our website and I will make sure you are in our database and on the mailing list. If you haven’t registered with the Foundation that is why you are not receiving mailings from us. The discussion board registration and the Foundation registration are 2 different lists. Just so everyone is clear.

Thanks,

Trey Avery

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 3:03 pm

If you are unable to attend the symposium do they offer CD’d or anything on line for those of us unable to travel at this time?

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 8:43 pm

I have not gotten a brochure or letter about the symposium. I get the newsletters and so know that I am on the mailing list with the right address. Do I need to PM you, Trey, to get a brochure sent? Are they still in the process of being mailed?
      thanks, WithHope

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2008 at 9:53 am

They are slowly going out some were mailed early last week, I just got mine this past weekend and I live less than a mile from our office. The postal service seems to be going slow these days. We mailed out right around 28,000 so it might take a few days. Again if you don’t see it by this weekend let me know. If you get our newsletters then you are on the list to get a brochure.

And as far as if you cannot attend, we will be taking photos but as of right now I don’t think there are any plans to record anything onto a CD or DVD and no live “blogging” has been planned either to my knowledge. I know it will be covered extensively in our newsletter after the Symposium. Sorry…

Thanks,

Trey