Surgery Nov. 10th

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2006 at 11:47 pm

Hello everyone. Update. I met with the surgeon on wednesday Oct. 25, she stated that she is going to be very aggressive because the spot looks suspcious and appears to be cancerous. she is going to do surgery on november 10 and remove the spot and a large portion of tissue around it. she hopes to get it all whether it is cancerous or not. after meeting with the surgeon i got a phone call from my son and yes you guessed it, he totaled his car…another one. he was fine and so was everyone else. the next morning i received a phone call that my dad had passed away..we buried him on monday the 30th. I went today for my blood work and ekg and am beginning to feel slightly overwhelmed at this point. So, talk about residuals rearing their ugly head..I am trying to take a break and rest a little but not working to well at this point…if someone has a nice vacation home by the ocean they are willing to share let me know..i need a vacation…:D
      thanks all

sherry

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 12:02 am

Sherry ~ I am so sorry ๐Ÿ™ Sometimes life really seems to hit when one is already down . . . I don’t have a vacation home ‘by the ocean’ but would gladly put you up in my guest room at the foot of the beautiful Blue Mountains. I’d serve you good home-cooked meals and then rent a limo and take a tour of “Wine Country” ๐Ÿ˜‰ My thoughts and prayers are with you as you weather “the storms”. hugs, hugs, hugs ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 12:12 am

Sherry,

Your in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do please let me know. We are going to miss you in Phoenix, I will drink a few for you. Take care of yourself.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 1:14 am

Bless you, Stormy. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Love,
      Marge

• November 2, 2006 at 10:03 am

I will also include you in my prayers. *hugs* May things turn around for you and your family very very soon!

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 11:34 am

Hi Stormy,

So very sorry to hear about your Dad, I will keep him in my prayers.

I also will be saying prayers for you and sending good thoughts and wishes your way.

Bless You.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 11:36 am

Sherry,

I am so sorry to hear about your father and your surgery. You are in my prayers…

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 12:57 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad and the other issues you are forced to deal with and all at the same time too. My prayers are with you, let us know how things workout with the surgery.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 7:01 pm

My prayers are with you during these trying times

Sue

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 7:16 pm

Sherry,

I’m so sorry to hear about all of the problems you are having. It seems so cruel that everything is happening at once. The only encouraging thing about that is that things are bound to get better from here.

Best wishes and prayers for your quick recovery.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 9:05 pm

Not to scare your and you might already know this but if you don’t, be sure to meet with your anesthesiologist and strongly let them know you have had GBS.
      It can make the difference between coming out with no problems and having a relapse from anesthesia.
      My son has been told by Nurses that it can happen.

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 10:48 am

Sherry, my prayers and thoughts are with You and Your Family. You’ll come through this tough time better then before!! If there is anything you need-sorry nothing by the ocean-but we are only a few miles away from lake erie!:rolleyes: just let me know. Hugs. Keep us updated on your progress. Take Care!

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 6:23 pm

Hi everyone,
      sorry i havn’t been here in so long. Just wanted to let you all know that there was no cancer. I had a 2cm Fibrocystic tumor removed from my breast, the doctor said there are also a bunch of micro fibrocystic tumors that unfortunately may have to be removed in the future if they grow and also be biopsied, i also had benign calcifications and a focal duct dysplasia, now for us lay people that is a bunch of confusion but the thing i understood the most was benign on everything…..:) it took me quite a while to get some energy back but i am feeling much better. thanks for all ofyour thoughts and prayers.

glad to be back

love

sherry

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Sherry that is wonderful news, I am happy everything went well, I was thinking of you. Glad to have you back.

Jer

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Hi Sherry,

You have had to face such hard times. I was sorry to read about your Dad, may he rest in peace.

Thank God that your son is alright.

And so are you. You are strong. You do not have what you feared you might have.

That is brilliant and fantastic news! I don’t suppose you will, but what I hope you do now is get a rest, take a holiday and go somewhere that you can breathe in clean air and say pheeeew. And enjoy it.

God bless

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 8:58 pm

Hi Sherry!

I’m sorry, I haven’t had a chance to respond to your e-mail. I’m very glad to hear that everything was benign! That’s about the only thing I understand of it too! If you need to get away and come to Chicago, just let me know!

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 9:52 pm

Sherry,

Wonderful news! Rest and be well.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 10:12 am

hi everyone,
      thanks for the wonderful encouragement. I really appreciate my gbs family. Yes our family has been hit with some difficult times lately but so far we are doing well. My brothers girlfriend of 12 years (also my best friend and next door neighbor thru out childhoold) will be having her right kidney and ovaries removed on thursday, so as usual, please keep her in your prayers.

Shannon: I am considering coming to see you guys in the spring. I will know more after the first of the year..that is if the offer is still open ๐Ÿ˜€

Take care all

love
      sherry

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2006 at 8:14 pm

Sherry, that would be wonderful! We’d love to have you (and your mom if she wants to tag along)! Just let us know when you’re ready!

Love,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2006 at 12:36 am

Hey guys, I am really beginning to believe I have done something wrong…You all know my kids great grandpa died in october, then my son totaled his car, then my dad passed away and then i had to have surgery and biopsies done, next my sister in law was diagnosed with cancer and her kidney removed. Well on monday I realized my black lab was extremely sick, he hadn’t been eating well for a couple of weeks but i thought he was upset because i had changed his food. but on monday morning he wouldn’t get up or walk or anything, i had found him outside laying by my garage door. I loaded him into my car and took him to the vet. he was nothing but bones. he was such a loveable dog but did not ever allow someone to initiate contact with him, he had to be the one to intiate it. he took care of me when i came home from the hospital and never left my side when i was outside. anyway, after taking him to the vet the doc called me and said he had a mass in his lungs and he would try to take a better xray on tuesday morning. he was pretty sure it was cancer. on tuesday morning he called and said our beloved Miracle had passed away inthe night. He had lung cancer, kidney and liver cancer and an enlarged heart. me and my kids have been devastated. It is so hard to lose a pet and on top of everything else this has been so difficult. I felt guilty, had i known he was going to pass away i would have kept himhome that night and just held his head in my lap. Last week he was playful and chasing the horses and cows in the field so i have a hard time dealing with the fact that he went so quickly. We will always love and miss him and hope there is a doggy heaven where he can run and play and be with Grandpa Price again. Thanks for caring everyone.

sherry