Still Life

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2007 at 8:30 pm

STILL LIFE is the story of James Masino, a gifted Filipino painter who finds out he is afflicted with a paralyzing disease known as Guillain Barre Syndrome. Faced with a future where he can no longer paint, James leaves his life in the city and goes on a self-imposed exile to paint one last time, one final masterpiece. Unable to imagine a life without his art, he plans to kill himself once he finishes this painting. But Fate intervenes and derails this grand scheme when James learns that he must share this exile with Emma, a beautiful and mysterious young girl who at 19 has lived a life much too old for her years. But it is her courageous and unfailing optimism despite what life has dealt her that ultimately inspires James to realize a life beyond his canvass. Her search for meaning propels his journey towards hope and redemption. And what unfolds is an offbeat love story between a 30-year-old man and a 19-year-old girl that begs the question what is truly the purpose of one’s life? The answer they find in each other will turn out to be simpler and far more astonishing than either one might have ever guessed.

• July 24, 2007 at 11:27 pm

Ooo sounds like a neat story. I am going to look this one up! Thanks for the info!

I didnt realize you lived near us. I think someone (you?) mentioned it but for some reason it went over my head. We live in Caldwell now.

Lori