Stem Cell Transplant Blog

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2012 at 12:45 am

I just wrote new information on my story in my blog regarding the Stem Cell Transplant I am going through. Catch it at wendyssct.blogspot.com (just type this in your address bar or copy & paste it there)! Happy reading!
      Wendy ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 9, 2012 at 12:47 pm

sounds like a stressful day Wendy—-hope everything turns out okay with your recent tests : ) thankfully it’s not halting your sct process though. Its one of those unexpected glitches we don’t need while dealing with the cidp already.
      Going through it myself right now—in the process of trying to get rituxin started, only to find out in some recent blooodwork that i am severly anemic. So now dealing with that and hoping it won’t hold up the ritixin process—ugg!!
      still thinking of you and praying for you—hope it goes well. look forward to your posting!!

• Anonymous
      April 14, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Thanks Lori! Just posted another blog about this most recent week’s adventures! It was another wild week!
      Hope all works out for you too!
      Wendy ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 15, 2012 at 12:42 am

will check it out— thanks, still waiting to get everything wrapped up to start the rituxin. I’m hoping soon!!!! happy to be only having to have my veins poked only 4 more times– then 9 months off.
      I hope to not lay eyes on a hospital or a Dr the entire 9 months between the rituxin injections if i can help it. I will not be doing the ivig with the rituxin.
      Are you feeling like a pincushion with the SCT yet? you are definitely on the downward slope now arent you—closer to the end, that must be good feeling. pretty soon all you will have left is to sit back and wait for the nerves to heal!!

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Lori,
      Doing real good I’m happy to report. It’s been 2 months and a week almost 2 since my transplant. Last blood work came back all in the normal range! Very happy to see that! Feeling really good and working on my strength, endurance, and energy. These things take time to build back up! But my spirits are GREAT!!
      Thanks for your good wishes and I guess you are past your rituxin injections and are in your coasting time! Take care and chat again soon…
      Wendy ๐Ÿ™‚

• July 18, 2012 at 12:57 am

glad you are doing well wendy, must be nice to have the sct behind you and now just wait for the healing ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes I finished my 1st series of rituxin june 14th……just a wait and see time right now. If it works i will have 2 more infusions in 6 months,then 2 more in 6 months again, then i will be done. there was really no side effects for me from it (so far) so if it works, great!!! if not I am applying for sct. My next dr appt is in september so i will decide then.
      But —back to you…i followed your blog. glad you are feeling better. what did you mean by your bloodwork coming back normal—that your counts were back up from the chemo? or did you have an abnormal anti-body like i do, that may be causing the cidp?