Started back on Steroids!

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Hi guys, happy Sunday! I’ve been doing HORRIBLE with the cramping in my legs and feet and in so much pain I can hardly walk, but I started back on steroids yesterday. At least I have a little energy back. I had to get off them for blood test. They have not ruled out Lupus for me, saying I have everything that says yes to Lupus, but the back test are clear. I was told to get off steroids for a few weeks, get more blood work done so we can see if this alters the test any. I’ll get those results in Sept. Hum?

I did the blood work Thursday and really didn’t want to start the steroids again, but I’m just in bad shape and so I gulped that little pill down yesterday and again today. It’s not making me feel “much” better, but again, at least a little energy. It might be a few days to “feel” better from them. I’m only taking 20mgs a day.

I will also hopefully be starting PT this coming week as well. Not sure how though. I can’t flippin’ drive! I have to call around and see what we can do to get this done. My Neuro wants me to do it, gave me a script, but HOW am I to get there? Sigh, not being able to drive is a pain!

I’ll call my Neuro this week about the PT and WHEN to do IvIg again. It makes me feel much better, even if only for a couple weeks. I really loath feeling like this.

I make it through the days though gritting my teeth as I try and walk and do just the normal basic things I need to do, but man, I’m READY to feel better…..if only for a bit!

I’ll keep you posted on how I’m feeling w the steroids!

M

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2011 at 10:52 am

I was feeling better too as I’ve been on them since April, however, I had to get off for 3 weeks to do more blood test. Day 3 back on them and back to not sleeping and when I do, wake up soaking wet and gaining weight. I get hungry like nothing else on this. My hubby at 11 is giving me the eye wink, wink and I’m all HOLD ON….must have a bowl of ceral FIRST! LMAO! He looks at me :confused: :confused: :confused: