Sqiv

• May 9, 2011 at 8:42 am

Has anyone been getting their IG treatment SQ instead of IV? I am very interested in this option but need more information. My neurologist said that SQ is not an option in CIDP. I think it should be. Why not keep the IG in your system at a more even level instead of high spikes where you see improvement and then as the IG declines then you relap and have symptoms again. It sounds logical to me to use it SQ. Now I know it would not work in all cases of CIDP but why not let us try it to see if we do good. I have a friend with another autoimmune disease and she use to use IVIG for three years and has switched to SQ in the past year or so. She said it is so much better and she has no horrible side effects from the treatment. She use to be out for two days with fatigue, headache and stomach problems. To me this sounds like a no brainer. Does anyone have information regarding studies being done on SQIG for CIDP?

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Are you talking about subcutaneous IVIG? Look up a member, Julie or do a search for this topic. She switched to this and has posted a lot about her experiences.