Spinal headaches and IVIG

    • July 13, 2016 at 6:54 am

      On April 1st I had a lumbar puncture to help in the diagnosis of my cidp my neurologist at the time pretty much performed the LP and had set me back to work two days later causing the tear to get more aggravated (this is my guess) resulting in very bad spinal headaches, I received a bloodpatch at the ER a day later to help relieve the headaches and back pain. At this time I have a new neurologist that has kept me out of work sense May I’m still bothed by back/neck pain, headaches and started having hearing issues. Last week I went to go see a neurosurgeon at Cedar-Sinai that recommended I have a second bloodpatch I’m waiting to see if my current doctor will put in a referral for this. The second issue I have I’m due to start IVIG next week for the first time and I’m wondering if I should hold off due to the symptoms I’m currently having?

      Thank you everybody for taking the time to read this and offering any advice?