Solutions for Summer Heat

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 12:50 am

We are baking in the California sun right now with record breaking temperatures. I’m wrung out and looking for ideas on how to stay cool. Just ordered some polymer crystal filled neck scarves that can be soaked in cold water for a while, and they retain the cold for hours. I plan on wearing one around my neck to cool my blood and hope it will stabilize my condition in this heat. Any other suggestions? Thanks!:cool: 😎

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 1:52 am

[quote=linda]We are baking in the California sun right now with record breaking temperatures. I’m wrung out and looking for ideas on how to stay cool. Just ordered some polymer crystal filled neck scarves that can be soaked in cold water for a while, and they retain the cold for hours. I plan on wearing one around my neck to cool my blood and hope it will stabilize my condition in this heat. Any other suggestions? Thanks!:cool: :cool:[/quote]
      Cool off the old school way. Go buy a few bags of ice (if you’ve got the freezer space anyway) and pour a bunch of the cubes in a big bowl. Set the bowl in front of a box fan, sit back and enjoy your ghetto air conditioning.

Sit in front of it w/ an air sprayer like you use to mist plants. squeeze a couple of shots of mist into the breeze or right on your skin and you’ll cool off even more.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 7:49 pm

Linda,

Yes, the neck scarves do really work. Unfortunately, you must re-cool them often because body heat removes their chill fairly fast. Beats being hot.

Also, there are hoses you can buy that have tiny holes in them. YOu hook them up to the outside water fauctet and wrap them around a lawn chair, sit in front of a big electric fan and it feels great. Been there, done that.

Stay cool!