Slight Scare this weekend

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2007 at 12:00 pm

This last Saturday I was not doing very well and then started having what I called chest pains but it wasn’t exactly that it is hard to explain I guess because I did not technically have shortness of breath it just hurt alot when I took a deep breath(still does I guess) anyway my husband was at work and my son was leeping an eye on me. I guess I did not respond to him very well and when my husband called shortly after that my son told him and he came home(thank goodness he works only about 8 blocks away) and took one look at me and we headed to the hospital. When we got to the ER I told them I didn’t think it was my heart and of course it wasn’t. But they did blood work for a clot and then a chest xray. This is what the new ER doc said they would do and asked me “You have been hospitalized for this before?” He was talking about the CIDP but was referring to the paralysis part and Isaid yes. I never saw him again the next thing I knew they were moving me to a room. Finally the doc on call or mine showed up and I asked what,why, who etc, she explained that all she was told was that he wanted her to admit me but no reason. Sorry but if there is nothing they are going to do forget it. On top of that the neuro on call she told me was not the one I am going to see tomorrow. In fact dr on call said that if she was going to see a neuro she would definitely see the one I am going to tomorrow and not the one on call. Must be why my reg. Doc is sending me to him. Unfortunately through all this I have now lost most the use of my left arm and have to have help to dress and get around until I get my power chair (about 3 weeks yet). THANK YOU Dawn for the call I really appreciated it and my husband said I sounded prett good when he got home Friday and he thinks it is because of talking with you. I don’t see anyone or talk to anyoone much anymore since this all happened so it showed. I told him what you said abou treatments so he told his mom that she does not have to take me that he is and they are d**n well going to do something or else. I wish everyone that has to go through this a treatment or cure so that they can live their lives without the pain or stress. Thank you all for listening to my ranting. At least you didn’t get the worst of it the hospital did about their new doc, LOL. but they deserved it!
      Sincerely Jody

• November 13, 2007 at 1:07 pm

Jody,
      I am so glad you are going for treatment. I expect you will be pleasantly surprised at how well you will feel after. If not the first series of loading dose treatments, then the second! Good luck! I will call you!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2007 at 5:37 pm

I used to get those same type of pains in my chest a lot when I first came down with CIDP. When I was inpatient at Mayo back in 2002 I actually had 3 EKGs because they were so severe. It wasn’t heart related, but I now believe that they have something to do with the “tight band” so many of us have talked about in the same region.

There is actually a band of peripheral nerves that runs around this area, right under the breast, that can be affected by both GBS & CIDP. I still get the “band” if I slouch for too many hours in my recliner, especially if I am talking a lot. I also get the chest pains if I am overly tired, if it’s during the day I take 3 Advil & wait it out, if it’s near bedtime I will take half a Lortab & the pain does go away…

I am so glad you will be getting IVIG, I have a feeling it will work wonders for you!
      Blessings, Pam