sleep apnea and cidp

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2009 at 7:00 pm

anyone else get treated for both? my dr seems to think there is a correlation between the two. I go for a sleep study on friday. I have had apnea in the past. and used a machine but appearently it needs to have the settings changed. I hope this study will help either something is up with the sleep apnea or it is indeed the cidp.jojo

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Hi Jojo,
      Hubby has CIDP and was diagnosed with sleep apnea several years before he was diagnosed with CIDP. He uses a CPAP machine at night and has done so for about 5 years. I would be interested in reading any info. your neuro may have on the correlation between the two if you can get anything from him. Good luck with your sleep study. Hubby didn’t mind his at all.
      Laurel

• August 5, 2009 at 11:54 am

Jojo,’
      Is this the same doc that refuses to treat you for cidp? Is he saying that treating the sleep apnea would help the cidp? When Kevin was at his worst, sleep and breathing was difficult. My own un-educated thoughts are that the ivig helped the physical mechanics of the lung function and sleep /breathing got better. Sleep independantly speaking, or the ability to sleep is still an issue today, it correlates to his stress level, ie his impending new port surgery and the start of middle school 4 days later. He was not able to sleep yesterday and was having panic attacks. I guess I am saying, did you have the study and is it true sleep apnea, or is it difficulty breathing due to lung function from the cidp process? good luck! BTW has the doc given ivig consideration yet/
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2009 at 6:05 pm

i have the study on friday night. I go see the doctor next week to discuss results. I had sleep apna before the cidp. this is the same neuro th at hasnt done treatment yet. He says he wants this done before he goes any futher. I dont see the correlation. I also have a question for him about pt prescribing the Y five times a week. My parents insist htat i go and my dad stays the whole time to make sure i am doing it. Sometimes he goes in the othwer room and sits to read a magazine and i take it easy. good news is no surgery on my foot for now. I go back in 3 months but the ortho wants me to do everything with the brace on.
      Still no driving they said that waas up to me. i just dont feel safe but my mom wants me to try. i will probably goto the local cemetary and practice. thats where i learned to drive.

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2009 at 6:29 pm

completed the sleep study. they said everything looked fine but i still havebt seen the doctor for official results. His office called today and said it was fine to work out 5 times a week. Now htat the sleep study came back fine i cant help but wonder what the dr will say next. tingling is particularily bad right now. I worked today and then laid down for a little bit. just a short note amy