Shakey and dizzy.

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2007 at 4:21 pm

Hi guys, GBS nov 6 2006. Ive been doing great BUT I have been getting woberly, dizzy, shakey, hard to describe. Only when I get up from laying down almost feels like I am going to fall, lasts a few minutes and then Im ok started one week ago. Does anyone have any thing like this. Have a great labor day weekend (SP) Gene

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2007 at 9:07 pm

Hey Gene! Try to “dangle your legs” for a few minutes before standing. By that I mean sit for a while before you stand. You might be dropping your blood pressure a bit by standing up so fast. Could be a med. too, make sure you let your Dr. now about this new change! Have a great weekend!;)

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Gene ~ it would be well to have these “new” symptoms checked out.

That said, in the early years, I often would be light-headed/dizzy (and still, at rarer times). No reason could be found but see, back then, this forum wasn’t available and we didn’t have such a wealth of anecdotal information about residuals. I would often, for years, go into SVT/supraventricular tachycardia meaning to rapid of a heart beat. After a gazillion tests no reason could be found. Will we ever truly understand all that goes wrong with the body’s messaging system when hit with these diseases??

I wish you well 🙂

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2007 at 9:35 pm

When u are lying down is it for long periods of time? If so that can be orthostatic hypotension. In others as the previous member mentioned. Before getting up move your ankles up and down (like you are pressing a gas pedal and then letting off of it) do that for a good 2 min. progress to sitting…sitting roll to your side..then push up with your elbows. That helps too…just remember sudden movements make BP drop.

hope this works..

bxrgrl27

• September 1, 2007 at 11:48 pm

any chance this has been more obvious in just the past few days?

I have felt rather off myself…a dizzy feeling, empty head, and I have had anxiety and adrenaline rushes when I finally manage to doze off (sleep has evaded me…until 4 am and then I sleep till 11). My normal resids have been okay but replaced with this stuff.

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2007 at 6:55 pm

Gene, Can you increase your salt intake, just a little bit? It helps to increase the volume of your blood. This works well along with water, for those of us who have neurocardiogenic syncope(fainting), it is the first thing that my cardiologists told me to do, just before I had to get fitted for thigh high stockings. In my case, my blood pools in my feet/lower legs, my heart isn’t working well enough to pump the blood all the way up my long legs and the results are dizzy, lightheadedness etc. sometimes to the point of fainting. Since I switched to sea salt my syncope, lightheadedness and dizzy feelings are very few. I would check with your dr to make sure there isn’t an underlying problem, and see if there might be something you can do to help improve your symptoms. Keep Up The Great Walks-Way To Go!!!:)

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2007 at 8:28 pm

Hi! Me again… We love salt here! No problem with that suggestion! I think and hope that Gene’s dizzy sensation upon arising is related to an inner ear problem he had before GBS. Blood pressure and heart have always been good. When the long weekend is over we shall get that ear checked. It is very difficult to not think of GBS first with every scary symptom…He is also somewhat “sick” of visiting doctors….Me to! (smile) But we will go.