Say a prayer

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 7:52 am

I am asking for prayers again. Tomorrow I am having a double mastectectomy and lymphnodectomy for my breast cancer. I am somewhat apprehensive about my neuro status. I have come so far and don’t want to go backwards again. Please pray that all will go as planned. Thanks in advance. You guys are the best support! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 10:12 am

Good luck Jan and prayers are with you.

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 11:49 am

[B]Hi Jan,

My prayers and good thoughts will be coming your way. I wish you the best.
      Bless you.[/B]

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Jan ~ I will keep you close in my prayer thoughts. Do you have family/friends to support you in person? Soon as you can, let us know how you are doing. Here’s a hug to go with you ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 2:08 pm

I had my Mast[1] and Lymph.. done over 18 months ago, and I have to say that I am glad the evil is OUT! Ironically the tumor was what the surgeon called ‘tame’ and well-behaved [not in my mind!] I attribute that to being on the IVIG in a way. There was a very small case study done on PN patients in Israel who later developed BC and it seems the IVIG helped tame the cancer. The IVIG was given for the PN. I don’t know if it’s applicable, but it is comforting.
      Prepare for surgery by gathering everything non-refrigeratable next to your favorite chair and plan on parking yourself there for quite a while. Showers will be out for the first few days, but after that it will be really a treat! Drains are the worst part. Or were for me. Be sure you understand the how-to-do’s of it all. Metamucil and citrucel will be good friends for the first few days after surgery, as the pain pills do their side-effects job nicely. Have/get little half or quarter pillows to keep your arms off your surgery sites. And, hard as it seems, MOVE! Keeping your circulation going as you move keeps the swellings down at surgery sites and those pesky ankles. An info site that helped me lots was ‘breast cancer . org’
      Going into surgery, be SURE to tell the anathesiologist that you have an AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE, not unlike MS. Somehow that clicks and you can avoid some of the nastier side effects from some anathesias…MS’ers have learned this lesson well and have been vocal in changing how we are treated as well. When I had my surgeries, I made it clear that I wouldn’t do it if they didn’t understand my medical issues. It Worked!
      I wore pink fuzzy chenille socks that a friend gave me to keep my feet warm. I was allowed to wear them into surgery and all the nurses wanted to pet these soft socks – after that…I was out. But the petting of the socks I’ll never forget! At least my feet didn’t turn blue?
      Truly – My heart and mind are with you. For me, cancer has been easy compared to CIDP! Many soft warm and heartfelt hugs.

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 2:35 pm

Jan,
      As always I will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing from you when you are better. It will go as it should tomorrow.
      Be well,
      Linda

• January 27, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Jan,
      Well wishes and prayers are sent your way. I wish you a speedy recovery.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 6:28 pm

Wishing you well — hugs from Iowa…

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 8:37 pm

Dear Jan,
      My prayers are with you, sending you best wishes for a successful operation and speedy recovery and lots of HUGS!
      Denise

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 8:42 pm

May God watch over you and give you peace and freedom from pain throughout your surgery and recovery. We all are thinking of you and wishing a speedy recovery and good news.

WithHope

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Again this gang comes thru will so many nice words and ways to say Get Well and Good Luck with your surgery and recovery! You are on our prayer list!

[B]Hang In There[/B]

Hello, my friend; You’re on my mind,
      Because you’re somehow ailing,
      But your response to any challenge
      Has always been unfailing.

So I’m confident you’ll win again;
      Hang in there, and you’ll see;
      You’ll be back on top in no time,
      Tackling life courageously.

By Joanna Fuchs [url]www.poemsource.com[/url]

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2008 at 3:49 am

Sending You a Ton of Hugs, Jan! Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery:) You are in My Thoughts and Prayers, Hun! Take Care!

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2008 at 10:24 am

I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2008 at 3:05 am

We’ve been PM’ing each other from last year.
      I want you to know I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you peaceful recovery. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Take your time and ask for help from family/friends/neighbors.
      Surround yourself with good energy and positive warm fuzzies. :p
      Let us know how you’re doing.
      Good luck”””

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2008 at 3:46 am

Hi, Jan.

Those of us on the other side of the Pond are praying, too.

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2008 at 7:42 am

Jan,

Best wishes and lot of prayers from Omaha.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2008 at 10:38 am

May God bless you and keep you .

Lameka

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Well my surgery is over and it went well. I didn’t have any issues with my CIDP. I did stay in the hospital one extrs night for better pain control. I stayed on the IV medication longer. I am releived that it is over. The next step for me is radiation when I heal.

I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I do believe in their postitive influence. I feel blessed to have found all the support from this group.

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2008 at 7:44 pm

I’m glad that you are home & everything went well.

Make sure to get lots of rest.

Take care,
      Kelly

• January 30, 2008 at 9:41 pm

How positive you sound in your post! I will continue praying for a speedy recovery.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Hey! Thanks for the update! So glad you are home and everything went well. I hope you have a quick recovery. Stay strong and keep fighting! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2008 at 11:15 pm

Jan,
      Wow! I can’t believe you’re home already! So glad you were able to post. You are so inspiring. Keep us updated as you heal on this journey. I am thinking of you always.
      All my best,
      Linda

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2008 at 5:25 pm

Jan.

Your in my thoughts and prayers. We are here for you when you need us. Please rest and take care of yourself..

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2008 at 11:14 pm

Jan, I was so glad to see that you are home and things went well. I hope you have a fast recovery and lots of good care as you are healing.
      Will you have to do chemo when you are healed ?

Take one day at a time…best wishes to you !

Stacey

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2008 at 8:59 am

yes, I still have more chemo and radiation in my future so fortunately for me my CIDP is behaving pretty well right now.

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2008 at 5:07 pm

that all the biopsies come back for the good stuff and if you need chemo or rads that it’s at the Minimum.
      What I did when I got home, and my DH went back to work, was invite some friends over for lunch if they could make it…Ordered carryout. and spent some cheerful time with friends…I slept for about 14 hours afterwards, but I had the comfort from my friends’ company to keep me warm.
      Thinking good things very HARD regarding what the biopsies outcomes say!
      You have already done the trip of walking on the ‘hot coals’ with CIDP, this is easier, except for the wait. Truly.

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2008 at 12:34 pm

๐Ÿ™‚ Looking for an up date on your progress. Hope you are recovering quickly! Best wishes.
      Denise

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 1:14 pm

I haven’t been on the forum much lately. I have been busy but I don’t know doing what!!! :confused: I thought I would update you all on my progress. I am in the middle of radiation now. I have done 11 of my 25 treatments and so far so good. I have a little redness but no blisters or burns.

I am living proof that steroids are scary drugs as I found out that I have cataracts on both eyes. This is a side effect of the high dose steroids that I was on for months. I am having surgery to correct one next week. Hopefully if all goes well I will get rid of the glasses I have now. That’s a positive out of the whole thing I guess! :rolleyes:

My CIDP remains under control. I threw away my cane last week. I am now walking independently and I must say it does feel good. I still get fatigued very easily and can’t walk long distances or my ankles and feet hurt but I am not complaining as I was reminiscing and I figured out that one year ago I was still in a wheelchair. I have come a long way in one year. Well that is my update for now.

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 11:31 am

Thinking of you this day and saying prayers.

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 11:45 am

I will be praying.

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Jan, My fingers and toes are still crossed for You, Hun!!!! Big Hugs!! Think Smores!!!:)