Right is this normal

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2007 at 8:55 pm

Hey everyone. I have not had a full plasma exchange in 4 weeks. the last was just over 2 weeks and the tunnel line was had it so only 1 litlre was exchanged. Im on fortnightly methylpresgnisone and daily azothroprine.

Ive just started this week getting the tingles back in my hands and feet. no weakness but a heavyness. My neurologist knows this and my plasma nurses.

But is it normal to have some residual ocassional tingling in my arms etc… if i was in remission??? I was told it may be something that will just be..

Im taking plenty of natural anti inflamatories like, almonds, green tea, honey, cranberry juice, and immune fortifiers like berocca, natural helath pills with garlic etc… Just wondering as I dont want a relapse as Ive been good for 5 months and 2 weeks without any tubes out of me has been bliss..

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2007 at 11:35 pm

Hello,
      Residuals are like left over damage done by CIDP and I think what can go away or heal depends on how much damage progression did, mild or severe. My progression stopped, but it ran for almost a year and did severe damage to me before IVIG’S were started, so I am left with a lot of residuals that will never go away. I can’t judge by myself, but I would guess that the milder the damage and the sooner treatments are started, the better your chances of all or most of the residuals going away, most likely though you are left with some. My numbness, tingling and prickling will probably always be at a teeth clenching level.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 4:17 am

Thanks. its always something to ask doctors if its normal but they dont have what we do. So cant understand or have an inside knowledge.

Ive been quite lucky, able to work, drive, walk, run a wee bit.but Im seriously over this damn thing, just wanna scream….