regards to broken bones

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I went to the dr yesterday & they took another series of my broken foot & found out that my body is not producing the bone callus that forms between the break so the new bone can grown in that. I go back in 4 weeks & he mentioned using a bone stimulator. I dont know if its like a tens machine I hope not because I cant stand the tens it makes me hurt so bad I cry its to painful for me. Has anyone experienced any of this or know someone who did?All imput is welcomed!
      Istaroaz

• Anonymous
      March 14, 2010 at 8:24 pm

i fell out of bed and broke two toes on my right foot. cant feel them so dont know if they healed but they are still blaack and blue and ths was two months ago

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Have you been on steroids? Steroids can cause week bones.

I’m wondering if ‘roids can cause your problem as well.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Neurontin, lyrica and a zillion others. These are anti-seizure meds that use the calciums in a different way from bone replenishment, and then plasmapherisis and steroids have a ‘record’ here as well. Ask any dentist if their epileptic patients have tooth and bone loss? All will say yes! W/o doubt.
      Supplements and some bone stabilizing meds and also some rehab meds can and do help. I’ll likely be trying one of the rehab meds soon, so I’ll keep you all upto date once I’m on it. Cross your fingers for me?
      What we take to help us in some areas? Can do adverse damages in other areas. Total cause/effects aren’t truly known yet.
      As a result of neuro meds, and post-cancer meds, I went from OK to definitely ‘fragile’. I did choose to use the meds I did and also faithfully took supplements to try and offset the meds. Didn’t work. So Choose and choose carefully. Short run or long run problems…Choices yet unknown can and do have impact. Follow your MIND on this one! Learn as much as you can and then be confused and essentially ‘spin the informed bottle’? Got a coin to toss? I have to say this tho…I never ever want to spend ‘time’ in a rehab hospital ever again! I was in one for 3+ weeks, enough and then some! It is a depressing and lonely place to be, even if you have visitors. Right now I am working overtime to strengthen what I’ve left so I won’t need a scooter [except for shopping] and keep a mobile as possible. The options are at best? NOT fun. Only other thing I’ve found helps? Is to drink lots of MILK! & supplements. Sigh. Wish you better luck than I in this quarter, maybe your docs can steer you to a good nutritionist? That could help you to get the most effective and simplist foods you need to get all the jobs the body needs to have done. Hope and hugs!

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I had facet injections in my lower back for severe pain, the last one was in Sept. 2009. I am on Lyric 200 mg 2 times a day. I also had plasmapharesis. I also take a multivitiam centrum & drink some milk depends on what im eating you know cake pancakes. bad stuff haha. I just cant sit & have a glass of milk. Dont care for taste of it alone. The dr. did mention using a bone stabalizer. I agree about rehab centers I was in one for 8 weeks. When i got sick Nov 2006 I was away for nearly 1 year. hospitals rehab & nursing home at the time I was 38 turned 39 in Feb.
      thanks
      Istaroaz