Recommendation for a neurologist in the Chicago subs?

• November 23, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone:

I have been recently diagnosed with CIDP, but I don’t feel like my current neuro is experienced enough in this disease to provide me with effective long term care.

For the community members living in Chicago can you refer me to your current neuro assuming you feel that you are receiving excellent care? I am located in Palatine and I would prefer the NW/West suburbs if possible (anywhere from Lake Forest in the North to Naperville in the West) but willing to travel to Chicago if warranted.

Just really frustrating finding information online and I don’t want to keep restarting this process over and over again trying to find the right person who can help me.

Really appreciate everyone’s time and help.

Thank you!

Jack

• November 23, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Hopefully you will be able to find a good Neuro referral from one of the chapters near you here:
      http://www.gbs-cidp.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/GBS-Directory0613.pdf

There are two Centers of Excellence a State away: Mayo in Rochester, MN, and WSU in Detroit, MI. Details can be found here: http://www.gbs-cidp.org/get-support/centers-of-excellence/

A couple members had previously mentioned good experiences at the Peripheral Neuropathy clinic of Northwestern, where Dr Richard Burt does his CIDP Stem Cell work.

Maybe another member with first hand experience will chime in soon

• December 1, 2015 at 8:20 am

Dr. Roos at the University of Chicago has a fine team that made the final diagnosis on my CIDP. They spent a good 4 hours testing me and came up with a treatment plan for me to follow.
      I did end up with Dr. Kincaid in Indianapolis (IU Medical), since my Neurologist is one of his graduates and works with him on several cases.

I think any of the University driven medical facilities will give you a good treatment plan, even if your local Neuro. is where you get treated.