raynaud’s syndrome and GBS?

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Has anyone had raynaud’s syndrome and GBS come on at the same time? Raynaud’s syndrome is vascular and also in the extremities. Mine came on at the same time and neither have left entirely now a year later. Also when I have a flare up they both flare up. My neurologist did not know any connection between the two.

Thank you!

• Anonymous
      March 29, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Jessica,

Like GBS I had never heard of Raynaud’s Syndrome until Brandy was diagnosed with it. Until GBS she was a healthy kid. Since GBS she too has been diagnosed with Raynauds. In the middle of summer Brandy’s hands can be as cold as ice and blue. She has learned to manage the Raynauds by keeping her feet and hands warm. As a color guard member for MSU she wore liners under her gloves and heat packs when not performing. She was allowed to wear her jazz boots (instead of guard shoes) and she had feet warmers in those. Unfortunately I can’t say GBS and Raynauds flares together ……I’ve just believed the Raynauds was one of the residuals from GBS. Just an obstacle that Brandy has learned to overcome.

• March 30, 2009 at 2:47 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      March 30, 2009 at 10:00 pm

I have a friends that her daughter got GBS when she was 11 or 13 and now over 18 has very few residuals from the GBS and does have Raynaud’s Syndrome. Sorry to hear that someone else is having the same problems with other illnesses. GBS is enough to deal with IMHO!