Question information about Remedies for cramping?

• December 3, 2014 at 5:48 am

Hi folks,

I believe I have CIDP but can’t get in to see a neurologist until 3 weeks from now. I’ve had increasing pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in my arms and legs.

What’s driving me crazy is the cramping in my leg. Ice and heat have no effect. I’ve also tried Neuragen cream, which has helped a lot with the nerve pain, but this is awful. I’m having to take heavy pain killers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much.
      author: tech new online
      Have a nice day.

• GH
      March 10, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Three weeks is a long time to wait if you are experiencing increasing pain and (especially) weakness. GBS and its closely related disorder, CIDP, are considered emergencies. If your weakness is progressing, you should be prepared to go to an emergency room before you become immobilized. Do you have someone to assist you?

If you are taking strong pain meds, you must have a doctor who prescribed them. Did he (or she) diagnose a neuropathy?

If you have GBS or CIDP, earlier treatment generally leads to better recovery.

• March 11, 2015 at 7:23 am

I get cramps in my upper thighs, close to where they become part of the trunk. These a intractable at times, as I cannot find a position that will help me stretch the upper thighs. As a preventative, I take vitamin D. My own little experiments have found the aerosol spray Salonpas Jet Spray has been very helpful in relaxing the cramp. By the way, my cramps are in the legs, and never above the waist. They are nearly always symmetrical.

larry