Question about vaccines

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 9:16 pm

Just wondering if anyone knew why egg-based vaccines can cause GBS? Is it because the eggs are raw? I’m wondering because in Ben’s medical records, they have on there that he’s allergic to eggs, but he eats eggs all the time. I don’t even know who would have given them that info. I finally had them take that off their computer system, but am now wondering if I should have them put it back on.

Thanks!

Shanno

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 9:36 pm

I would think that if Ben is allergic to eggs he could not eat them without some reaction from very mild to very strong. Yet the question remains how did it get on his record in the first place? There are cases of childern that have reactions to eggs and out grow it with time.

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 9:46 pm

He’s never been allergic to them. I’m guessing either a doctor put that in there, or someone mistyped it when he said he was allergic to fish. A few weeks ago, I made him some muffins, and he ate a spoonful of raw mix with egg in it. I was afraid he’d end up back in the hospital, but he was fine.

• Anonymous
      December 9, 2006 at 11:16 pm

shannnon,

yes, cuz the egg based vaccine uses raw eggs. once thoroughly cooked, eggs, if they did contain j. campylobacter, the trigger for gbs is killed. i think his doc was covering this possibility. eggs should always be cooked scrambled. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2006 at 10:35 am

Thanks, Gene! So I’m guessing it was a doctor who added that to his list of allergies. I guess I’d better have the hospital re-add it.

Shan

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2006 at 4:30 pm

Hi Shannon,

The manufacturers grow the flu virus in raw eggs, then on top of that if you have an allergy to eggs, you probably would be more prone to get GBS or have a severe allergic reaction because of the eggs.

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2006 at 5:23 pm

Very interesting, Donna. I wonder why they grow it in eggs?

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 5:00 pm

Hi Shan,

You’d think with all the new things science has to offer that they would come up with a better way to make the flu vaccine.

Go figure Shan.

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 6:29 pm

a few months ago a Ph.D. whistle blower from cdc was on tv & said the cdc knows both that the flu vaccine is near worthless & that an egg base is not the best. cdc is trying to find a non egg based vaccine. so someday we may be able to get an ineffective vaccine that is not egg based. sorry abt the last sentence but that’s where the logic goes and black humor makes me laugh. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength