Provigil

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2007 at 10:24 am

I know there’s been discussion on this drug in early threads but I can’t remember what all was said.

I’m constantly fatigued and my neuro suggested provigil as a possible drug to use to combat the fatigue.

Any input? Did it work for you? Side effects??

Thanks for your help.;)

Cathy

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2007 at 3:35 pm

I have been taking Provigil 200 mg on “work day” morning for the past five months. It helps keep me focused and alert. The effect is worn off by the last afternoon so it doesn’t effect my sleep. The half life is 12-15 hours. On “non work day” I don’t take it. I can tell the difference.

I haven’t noticed any side effects. The doctor had to prove to my insurance company that the drug was necessary before they would approve paying for it [TriCare Prime]. I beleive the generic is Modafinil.

• June 29, 2007 at 7:28 am

I’ve been taking Provigal 200mg for two years now. Haven’t noticed any side effects. Without it the fatigue was awful, I don’t get jittery or “wired” and can still take a nap on some days. Doesn’t seem to effect my sleeping at night either.

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 9:19 am

Jim and Herself,

Thanks for your input – it’s put my mind at ease about Provigil. So many things I take have SO MANY 🙁 side effects – I just wanted an idea of what I’m getting into before I start a new drug.

Cathy

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 9:19 am

Jim and Herself,

Thanks for your input – it’s put my mind at ease about Provigil. So many things I take have SO MANY 🙁 side effects – I just wanted an idea of what I’m getting into before I start a new drug.

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2007 at 8:10 pm

Cathy,

Provigil has been such a help to me. I’ve taken it daily for about a year now.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2007 at 6:32 pm

This is a really good medication however if you are suffering from a seizure disorder in addition to CIDP it can cause real problems so please do not take it if you have what is known as partial seizures the type where you know what is going on but you either get severe speech problems, transient inability to walk, a feeling of your throat closing in on you abnormal sensations etc.

Other than that it keeps you alert without the die effects of ritilan or adderal.

good luck,

gopal