privigen and urinary problems

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Hello everyone my name is kitze. i am 33 from pennsylvania and was diagnosed in april 2012 with cidp. here is my concerns and i am just looking to see if anyone else has the same problems. I firsted started on plasmapreisis in march 2012 when they thought i had gbs. so in april when i got worse i was diagnosed with cidp and started on ivig with privigen. I did well with it. now i get it every three weeks for three days. since this all started i have been having problems peeing. like not being able to hold it or peeing like i had a pea for a bladder, but within in the last two months. i have gotten to the point that i pee myself all the time and it hurts really bad when i pee. i had my pee tested and they said i had an u.t.i. so i took all my meds for that hoping it would go away but no luck, 🙁 Now the pain while peeing normally happens like 4 days after i start my treatments and last for like 2 or 3 days. I have talked to the neurologist about this and he says it has nothing to do with cidp, but i think he is wrong. So i am asking if anyone has problems similar to mine please contact me so i can talk to you.. thank you for reading and hope its a good day for you!!

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Hi Kitze,

Sounds like you need a referral to a good urologist as you say you had a uti that didn’t clear up.  Often uti’s untreated can turn into kidney infections.  Hubby has been on privigen for years with no problems from it.  But he has had kidney stones in the past–unrelated to CIDP or the meds–they were diet related.  Good luck.

Laurel