President LBJ’s youngest daughter hospitalized with Guillain-Barre

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2010 at 1:25 pm

This from USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-04-17-luci-johnson-hospitalized_N.htm

[QUOTE]Luci Baines Johnson, the youngest daughter of former President Lyndon Johnson, is being treated at the Mayo Clinic for what doctors suspect is a rare autoimmune disorder that affects the nervous system, her personal physician said Saturday……… Youman said he and other doctors suspect Guillain-Barre syndrome, which affects the nerves that control movement and can cause paralysis.
      [/QUOTE]

Perhaps this will renew attention to GB!

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Concerning Luci Johnson, did she receive a unique, expensive, miracle type treatment at THE Mayo, which should be extended to the rest of the GBS world? I hope the great hospitals of Texas ‘plateaued’ her on to the ‘next step’ in the process, to be cured and returned home, and all is good.

I also have high hopes William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry could/will step up to the plate.

Mackie

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2011 at 2:09 am

My treatments sure were expensive and a miracle type treatment. It was not at the Mayo clinic, but right here in the good ole state of OH. The miracle was they saved my life. They even brought in a $20,000 dollar bed for me when they knew I was gonna be in one for a long time…ICU 63 days. I would not wish to be in a better hospital, or wish for better Drs. I feel I had the best of both !!!

God bless,
      Drummer
      GBS 1988

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Drummer———–It seems like everyone’s boat floats quite differently. Some good, some not so good, but the GBS’ers I’ve met are just happy to be ‘upright and pink’, as one nurse put it. I had eight ambulance rides plus 2 airflights and barely remember anything. At the time, and even now, my wife the caregiver was the one who fought my battles. Without her presence and persistance, I believe I would have been ‘tossed over into the corner.’

Interesting reading at [url]www.2blinks.org[/url]. The guy was my wardmate, but due to improper diagnosis, was near the bitter end. Read his story.

Have a good holiday, everyone——–:)

Mackie

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2011 at 3:14 am

Thank God for the good wife !!! I am glad you made it and hope you have better health each and everyday.
      God bless you and your good wife and others who have helped and encouraged you along the way.
      You too have a great Labor Day Weekend. We will probably have something on the barbie for the last one of this year. I hate to think of winter…Ouch !!!

Drummer
      GBS 1988