Prayers needed!

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Stacey (Connorsmom) is in need of everyones’ Prayers. Her Sweet Hubby is in the hospital fighting an infection in his knee. He has undergone several surgeries to clean out the infection, but without alot of improvement. Please Keep Stacey, her Hubby and their son Connor in your Thoughts and Prayers.

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Hi cheryl,
      I also posted so hopefully prayers are on the way.

Sherry

• January 31, 2010 at 9:40 am

Cheryl & Sherry,

I’m about to head to Church this morning. I said a prayer for Stacey, Connor & hubby. I’ll also put them on our prayer chain at the church.

Gary

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2010 at 12:43 am

Cheryl & Sherry,

Prayers on on the way.

• February 1, 2010 at 5:04 pm

prayers and well wishes…

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Prayers on the way. John 8:12

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2010 at 11:50 pm

My prayers and love go out to you.

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2010 at 9:53 am

Prayers for all of you – unceasingly.

Prayers Needed

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Please pray for my daughter, Emily. She received her last IVIG treatment three weeks ago. She has had them weekly for a little over three years. It was decided today to take her off completely and see what happens. Hopefully we will remain stable.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2009 at 11:01 pm

please know that emily is in my prayers, i to have been on IVIG since 3-06 and keep praying they will keep me on because i dont know what will happen if they take me off.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Carla,
      I was taken off all treatments for CIDP in 2003 and have been in a remission since that time. I’ve remained stable and show no signs of a relapse or progression returning again. You and Emily will panic at little things that will happen but after I got over that fear, my instincts or gut feelings clicked right in and I’ve learned to trust those feelings. One of those “just know” feelings. I will know the difference between a relapse and what I think of as expected residuals.

You are only in a remission when you can stay off all treatments. If you are staying stable month after month, year after year with treatments being done it is not a remission.

I sometimes feel like I no longer have CIDP.

Emily is in my prayers.

• September 10, 2009 at 1:27 am

Hi Carla,
      Prayers are powerful and I will pray with all my might for a double portion of blessings for your daughter Emily!

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 7:07 am

Thanks for all your comments. It is a really scary time. We have been weaning her off for the past three months. First to go was the Cellcept and then the IVIG was spaced apart from every week to every three weeks. We had a couple of scary times where we thought she was getting worse, but it was just withdrawal symptoms.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 11:25 am

I have been off IVIG since March and doing well. I weaned down the IVIG after receiving every 3 weeks for a year. (I also had chemo for cancer) But I am doing well. I still am very cautious as I think its coming back at times as there are no guarantees. As my neuro said to me, “You are in a good spot. If it comes back we know what your body reacts to and can help you” So just live life” As I said I still worry but it can work. Good luck! Keep us posted. Take care.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 7:37 pm

sent your way!
      Keep it together in the interim, no matter how hard.. You just mite be allowed to have a ‘break’ later in which to rest.
      To think negatively brings self-fufilling prophecy. NOT ALLOWED! EVER.

Hope and strength truly.

• Anonymous
      September 10, 2009 at 10:43 pm

I pray that you and Emily feel peace as she transition to the next phase of healing and wellness.

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2009 at 1:14 am

Oh Carla, you have my prayers! I hope everything goes well and that Emily thrives with the change.

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Carla
      I watch for your posts because your daughter is about the same age as my Ryan. I am so happy for Emily and I too am praying for this to be sucessful. If you are in to read.ing good books get either “Battlefield of the Mind” by Joyce Meyers and or “The Best You” (I think that is whats it called. It came out about a year or so ago) by Joel Osteen We moved recently so most of my books are still packed away. both very good books very similar but great books. I am just getting ready to read “Prayer that changes everything”.
      Keep Positive thoughts because negative thoughts can change outcomes postitive thoughts can cause an awful lot of blessings.
      Lots of positive thoughts and blessings coming to you and Emily. I also pray that God continues to strengthen you and your family. I know how exhausting all the stress is, by the end of the day I am so exhausted.
      Take care and keep us posted
      Rhonda & Ryan

Prayers Needed

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 1:07 am

Hi Everyone, Can You Please say a Pray for My Dad. He is in the ICU unit here in Sylvania in Very Critical Condition. Today he either choked or had a heart attack-not positive as he was eating and suddenly collapsed. My Mom is holding up ok, as is the rest of My Family. Dad is on the vent and sedated and his bp is very unstable. He was zapped with the paddles 5 times and finally got a somewhat strong pulse back.

The er failed my Dad again. After he was transferred to icu(after being in the er for 9 hours) we found out the er didn’t have the ng tube placed correctly, which caused even more problems, and labs weren’t done. SOOO not fair to have to have sooo many problems with drs and nurses not knowing how to do their jobs correctly.
      And get this, the neuro didn’t want to see my Dad today, won’t order a mri until he sees him in the a.m.! Well when I heard the name of this neuro I about had a coronary myself–it was one of the quacks that I had treat(well at least see me!!!!) me while I have been hospitalized with paralysis!!! I with My Family All behind me, told the nurse that neuro is NOT allowed to even look at my Dad’s chart, let alone go anywhere near my Dad! I’m heading back to the icu in awhile to make sure he doesn’t make it past the nurse. That neuro messed with my life I Won’t let him touch my Dad!

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 1:33 am

I am saying a prayer for your Dad Cheryl. May God Bless him and you and your family. Please let us know how things go. Indeed it is terrible how inconsistent and crummy medical care can be. Keep fighting for him girl.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 2:03 am

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”2″]Cheryl,
      Your Dad is in my thoughts and prayers today.
      Stay strong.
      V[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 3:19 am

Cher!!!!!!

I am soooooooooo sad to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers certainly go out to you. We will pray for the best.

God Bless,

Per

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 7:37 am

Cheryl,

You and your dad and family are in my prayers. I know how hard it is to fight for ourselves yet alone fight for our parents. Be strong and dont give up or give in. Please keep us posted.

My best wishes,

Stacey

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Prayers are coming your way for you and your family. I totally get you needing to be there for your dad. My father had a heart attack two years ago and I was refusing to leave him alone or have certain “professionals” treat him as I knew what had happened for me when I had GBS. Stay well and stay strong.

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 12:27 pm

You and your family are definitely in my prayers!

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 1:45 pm

Thank You ALL!!! a nice surprise this morning, the neuro treating my Dad is also my Son’s neuro, and looked in on me one time while I was paralyzed. Dad is responding to commands, moving his extremeties, has some neuro deficit on his left leg, somewhat diminished movement on his left arm, still unstable bp, and is in pain. I had to insist on the nurse repositioning him because he looked me in the eyes and I could feel his pain in the position he was just put in. After he was repositioned he gave me a big wink—I Love that connection!!!;) Seeing my Dad in that bed, propped up with pillows, just brings back All the pain and discomfort I felt while in the hospital during my relapses. He knows I know what he is feeling! Thanks again for All your Prayers and warm thoughts–They Are Working!!!:) off to the hospital again!

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Cheryl,
      Of course you have all the support and prayers you and your family need. Good for you for putting your foot down about that Dr. Stick to your guns and please take care of yourself as well.
      All my best,
      Linda

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Cheryl,
      I do believe in the “laying on of hands” and this is what your family here is doing when we link together to pray for someone. You are being your dad’s Angel First Class right now. If you need to talk to someone and need a shoulder to lean on just click on anyone of us.

[IMG]http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/8350/prayingrosesnd4.gif[/IMG]

• March 25, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Cheryl,
      Kevie and I are praying for your father and your family. How comforting to him to know that his daughter will see that the best care is given to him.
      Dawn and Kevin

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Cheryl ~ my prayer thoughts are with your Dad, you and the rest of the family. There is strength in knowing that others are carrying us in thought. Hugs to all.

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Dear Cheryl,
      I am thinking of you and your family, and praying for your dads health – please keep us updated.

• Anonymous
      March 25, 2008 at 11:30 pm

Cheryl,
      I read this post just before school day started but I didn’t have a chance to reply. You, your dad and your whole family have been in my prayers today and will continue to be there.

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2008 at 8:09 am

Sending hugs and prayers from Iowa for a good day for your dad and your family….

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2008 at 9:29 am

Prayers being sent your way. Stay strong. I’m sure you just being there with your dad is a comfort. Make sure you take time to care for youself as well.

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2008 at 11:54 am

You All are Wonderful!!! Thank You for being here!!!:)
      Dad is at a critical point today, he is alittle more stable as far as bp goes, low but its acceptable. He is able to communicate with me pretty well. His aspiration pneumonia is at its worse soo far, today is 48 hours post and its typically the worst point. his echo shows cardiac involvement, but not alot of damage soo far, still unsure if attack caused chocking or the other way around. catherization possible in the next couple of days to look into cause and damage. He is alittle more alert to surroundings, people and things. Thanks to All of You guys and sharing your vent experiences it has helped me alot with dealing with this situation. Dad is having some blood count issues and is receiving a blood infusion today, powering up!
      Thanks for Being Here Everyone, My Family and I Really Appreciate You!!!!:)

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2008 at 6:40 pm

[B]Prayers being sent your Dad’s way and big hugs for you.[/B]

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2008 at 7:40 pm

I hope your dad is doing well. It sounds like you are holding up ok.

Let us know if you need anything.

We’ll be praying for you, your dad & your whole family.

Hugs,
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2008 at 11:39 pm

[COLOR=”Blue”]Your dad and your family are in our family’s prayers tonight and the coming days. Hang in there, Cheryl and keep advocating for him.

Sending you big hugs and lots of prayer,

Carla[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      March 28, 2008 at 12:13 am

Well today was a Good day and a not so good day for Dad. The Good news is He is off the vent, the not so good news is he went from the present, talking with my 3 cousins and myself to talking about running through the patch at a school playing with some friends to being in the navy in Oregon. He was fine until he had severe shoulder pain and then regressed to living in his childhood. Very confused and disoriented to time, place, people, objects, color and history. I’m soo glad I was there and not my Mom when he went trippin’–it was bad and would have just broke her heart again. As it is he has alot of deficits in his memory, thought processes etc. I never thought I would say this, but, without my own experiences with icu, all of this Families’ individual stories about their own experiences and thoughts regarding mind/memory issues and halucinations, and fears, I am grateful to have gone through it and I fully understand what my Dad is facing. Now to try to explain it to my other Family and Mom. Dad is having a problem with his blood count, it continues to drop even with an infusion plus another today. He also has some rib problems from getting cpr-I know how he feels there. I just Hate that my Dad has to go through this much pain and health problems! I wish He could just open his eyes and be back to his old self!

I hope the feeling that I have in my heart right now is a false alarm, I have a feeling that I need to go back to the hospital to check on him….. I’m outta here-gotta listen to my body!

• Anonymous
      March 28, 2008 at 11:12 am

Cheryl,
      I will continue to pray for you and your dad and family. It is so hard to sit there and know what the person you love is going through and to feel helpless to do anything. I am sure he is aware of you being there and that in and of itself will bring him comfort. Take good care and keep us all posted.

• Anonymous
      March 29, 2008 at 1:40 am

Another update, Tonight Dad was transferred to a level one heart and stroke hospital here. Unfortunately he has a roommate. His confusion is on and off. He swears the nurses had a snowblower behind the desk, and even wondered why they weren’t using it on the snow we just received, and it actually was a copier machine. Dad also has 2 bleeds, one in his stomach and the other in the pancreas. Along with most of his ribs either broke or cracked-from the cpr. His cardio told me the most stable part of Dad is his heart-which isn’t saying much.
      Thanks for the strength You are All sending me, I really feel the huge boost.:) This stress is sooo heavy, but its getting lighter as everyday passes.

• Anonymous
      March 29, 2008 at 8:39 am

Cheryl,

I’m sorry to hear about your dad, thank God you are there with him and can keep the nurses and doctors on their toes. My sister always goes with my mom, she has a little heart problems and RA. If it wasn’t for my sister, who knows what they would do to my mom.

What is your dad’s first name? My children read from a prayer list about every 3rd night so I would like to put his name in the book.

Is his blood down because he was bleeding?

Love to you and I hope things can turn around for all of ya’ll.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2008 at 10:23 pm

A quick update on My Dad. Today Dad had a heart cath procedure performed-it found he had 3 bad blocks. Sometime in the next couple weeks he will be having a quad or possible quint bypass performed. He is holding his own and still has moments of decreased alertness. I hope they can wait to do the surgery until he is over the pneumonia and bad cough-so he doesn’t have to cough and be in such agony everytime.
      I’m ready for this nightmare to be over already! This body of mine isn’t happy with me. and fighting for proper care of my Dad is my top priority now adays.

• March 31, 2008 at 10:39 pm

Hi Cheryl,I am praying that God keeps you strong so you can watch over your dad.* Our prayers are with him as well.Dawn

Just a little sidebar, my mom had a heart attack and had a stent put in after. As well, my sister in laws mom had a quadrupple bypass around the same time and was exersizing and up and about 6 months before my mom. (She did not have a heart attack, and was just going in for an angiogram because of some warning signs) So at least they are taking care of things before a major hear attack and the muscle has not been damaged. Hopefully recovery from surgery will go as smoothly for your dad!

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 3:42 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”2″]Cheryl,
      So glad you can be there for your Dad and watch over him.
      You all are in my prayers.
      Veronica[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 6:37 pm

I will be praying.
      I am a minister and believe in the power of prayer. 😀

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Cheryl,
      My prayers will be with your dad, you and your family.

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 4:10 am

Cheryl, you and your family have surely been in my prayer thoughts. I just know that your body is very tired from the strain. . . Please be sure that you have regular times away from the “4 walls” as they do close in 😮 When you get refreshed you will have more quality you to give to your dad.

Many hugs, Girl!

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 11:16 am

Hope your listen to your body turned out to be nothing serious. You and your father remain in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 7:25 pm

Well, Dad has a mass in his pancreas, the right kidney shutdown with a kidney stone in the ureter tube and the tube is dilated and the spot on the backside of his stomach on the outter side of the stomach is still hemorraging into his abdomen, which needs to stop before the surgeon will do his quad bypass and in turn treat the kidney and do whatever to the pancreas. Its a catch 22 with him right now. He is still in very, very critical condition according to his cardio. The icu psychosis is there and shows its head more and more. On top of that he has had nurszilla for 3 days.

Thanks for the Thoughts and Prayers and All the strength you guys are giving me to get through these days. Hugs to Everyone!:) My hubby will be home thursday for a couple days, I can’t wait!

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2008 at 7:43 pm

I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Blessings, and God go with you!

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2008 at 10:13 am

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I’m hoping for the best for your Dad, Just Remember I’m Pulling For You ![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2008 at 10:21 am

Cheryl,

My heart is breaking for you. I wish the best for your dad and a quick recovery. I know how hard it is to go thru this. Try to take care of yourself in between even if it means sitting in the chair next to him…take a little nap.

Keep your chin up. You have alot of people praying for you and your dad now. Including me.

Best wishes,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Thanks Again Everybody. This week was like a roller coaster for Dad. He had a really good day and now we are going backwards again. He needs a quad or possible quint bypass with 2 valve replacements and doesn’t have good replacement parts for the bypasses. His confusion is coming back, he got out of bed by himself and sat in the chair next to his bed. It takes him quite awhile to get out of bed, I don’t understand where his nurse is during this time-obviously not watching him. He is lucky he didn’t pull out any tubes or ivs. We still don’t have results from his belly puncture, labs are pretty slow here I guess, they said 24 hours for results-going on 72 now.
      I’ve been grabbing cat naps here and there, really hard to nap there with all the horns and bells going off all over and his roommate talking to nobody:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      April 6, 2008 at 1:01 am

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]Thanks Again Everybody. This week was like a roller coaster for Dad. He had a really good day and now we are going backwards again. He needs a quad or possible quint bypass with 2 valve replacements and doesn’t have good replacement parts for the bypasses. His confusion is coming back, he got out of bed by himself and sat in the chair next to his bed. It takes him quite awhile to get out of bed, I don’t understand where his nurse is during this time-obviously not watching him. He is lucky he didn’t pull out any tubes or ivs. We still don’t have results from his belly puncture, labs are pretty slow here I guess, they said 24 hours for results-going on 72 now.
      I’ve been grabbing cat naps here and there, really hard to nap there with all the horns and bells going off all over and his roommate talking to nobody:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
      Cheryl I am sad when I read how your Dad is doing. But I am glad that you are there for him–to love and support him as you are doing. Try to get some naps and remember to eat something nutritious–not just grabbing vending food stuff. And I’m glad your husband will be home soon to support you. Stay strong, but be human and cry too. I have continued to pray for your Dad.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Well wednesday is the big day for Dad. He will be having a quad or possibly a quint bypass with 1 to 2 valves replaced, with a possible procedure to get a stuck kidney stone out of the right tube. He is looking forward to this surgery and has been counting down the days. Gotta go to bed now so I can get up in time to get to the hospital by 5:30a.m. Take care All.

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 10:07 pm

You, your dad and whole family are in my prayer each day.

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Cheryl,

I’m sorry for the delay in my responding… your father and your whole family are in my prayers. If you remember, over two years ago my family went through hell with the hospital system – your dad needs someone to be there 24/7 to be an advocate for him. But, you HAVE to take care of yourself too. My heart goes out to you.

Big Hugs,

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Praying that all is going well for your Dad this day and that God is providing comfort, guidance, and strenght for the family and medical team.

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2008 at 10:40 pm

Thanks Again for All the Prayers and Thoughts:) They are working! Dad will be on the vent through the night just to give him the little extra boost he needs. He is doing good for just going through a 9 1/2 hour surgery that was only going to take 4 1/2 hours to perform:eek: I can’t wait to see him tomorrow without the tubes all over.

Soo far we have had to ask just the right questions to get even the simpliest answers from some of the drs and nurses. It seems like its always a chore to get my Dad the treatment he needs and deserves. To get the nurses to attend to him and not forget he is in his little hole of a room in the corner. Maybe it has something to do with his room number–13;) I feel really good about the nurses in the sicu, they are really professional and take the time to watch him and answer our questions. Mom feels more relaxed so that is a good thing. Mom has left the advocating to my brother and myself, good thing he is older and knows what he is doing.

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 1:57 am

Cheryl,

Sorry I just now saw this, your Dad is in my prayers, as are you and the family. If you ever need anything get in touch. Take care.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Hope your dad is doing well.

• Anonymous
      April 10, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Continuing to think of you. Thanks for the latest update. Hope your dad continues to improve!

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2008 at 1:07 am

Thanks for the update Cheryl. I was thinking about your Dad and wondering how he is doing. Fingers remained crossed and my prayers continue.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2008 at 8:52 pm

Today was a bad day for Dad. This a.m. I called to check on him and the nurse requested my Mom and I come down to sit with him to help calm him down. He was sooo confused, sleep deprived, and under that terrible icu psychosis. Everybody was against him and slicing him everywhere etc soo he thought. I felt soo helpless sitting there holding his hand and just seeing him hallucinate soo bad.
      He was moved out of sicu into a private huge room that is sooo quiet and right at the nurses station. He has a 24hour sitter which is going to help him and help us sleep better at night. I hope the confusion will improve with a good nights sleep.

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Cheryl,

My dad had a massive heart attack about 2 years ago. The anesthetic they gave him to do an angiogram caused the same thing that you describe. You are right in saying it is awful! It lasted for three days for dad and was very exhasting for all of us but we got through it. The one thing I can tell you is he remembers it all so we were glad we didn’t get upset with him or say something that we would later regret.

Take care of yourself and I will pray that your dad gets through this quickly and gets on the mend!

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Cheryl,
      Your dad and your family are in my prayers.Take care of you too.Try not to overdo.

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2008 at 12:26 pm

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your Dad can get some rest as that will improve his body and mind. Take care of yourself too.

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2008 at 11:41 pm

Well since I’ve been sick this week, I haven’t been able to see my Dad, so I will tell you what I heard from Mom. Dad was transfered to the cardiac rehab floor at the same hospital yesterday. He is still alittle confused at times but improving none the less. He wants to come home sooo bad. I am planning on spending the day with him tomorrow while my kids are at school, I have 4 days to make up. Medically Dad is doing very well, as far as his heart is concerned, but still having some problems with his kidney and pancreas.
      Thanks for All Your Words, Thoughts and Prayers! Big Hugs to Everybody!!:D

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2008 at 1:13 am

Dear Cheryl

I just read about the battle your poor dad has had and join the rest of this family in prayers for him and you and your family.

God Bless

Peggy

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2008 at 10:37 am

I hope your Dad continues to improve. Keep us updated and we will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers. How are you holding up?

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2008 at 12:34 am

Today We brought Dad home after 1 month in the hospital!:D He is doing Good, still has a problem with confusion, but is mending well and coming along really well in pt.
      Thank You ALL for All the Prayers and Well Wishes and the Strength You All shared with me. Big Hugs to Everyone!! We couldn’t have gotten through this without You!!!:)

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2008 at 9:21 am

I’m glad to hear your Dad is home. He will recover better there with your family around him. If he can get some rest hopefully the confusion will clear as well. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2008 at 10:28 am

Cheryl,

Glad to hear your dad is improving. It has been a long road for you and your family. It is always best to have our loved ones home with us. Be good to yourself and don’t over do things.

Hugs and best wishes.:)

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2008 at 5:19 pm

Cheryl,

So glad to hear your Dad is home. Don’t be too concerned about the confusion – it’s very common with older people after a prolonged hospital stay. It should clear up in time.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2008 at 12:35 am

Cheryl that is great news. I was hoping our prayers and good wishes would help, and it seems that they have. I’m glad you updated us as I was wondering how he was doing. We are on standby if needed.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2008 at 10:21 pm

Standby is needed, again. Last night I took Dad back to the hospital, he was admitted with an infection or 2. He was put on a high powered antibiotic and we are hoping for the best. I went with my feelings and my brother’s encouragement and went against the home nurses’ phone advice, and man am I glad I did!
      In my case, with the sensory loss I have I really have an increase in inner feelings!;)
      Hopefully I will be bringing Dad home later this week.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2008 at 3:36 pm

Well Dad had to have debridment on his upper thigh/groin area. He has an infection in that area and cellulitis as well as fluid in the lungs and a cough. He has what is called a wound vacc in place on/in his wound to help it heal properly. He might be going home on this vacc later this week.

Now if I can get over my pneumonia so I can help take care of him.:(

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Cheryl,

Thanks for the update. I hope things improve for both you and your dad. I will continue to offer prayers for you and your family. Please take care.

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2008 at 12:31 am

Well Cheryl, you certainly have had your hands full!! I continue to keep your Dad and you in my prayer thoughts.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2008 at 11:13 pm

Well today was a very long day! I was up most of the night just because combined with the remnants of pneumonia and up at the crack of dawn to sign for my Dad’s woundvacc, then off to the hospital to wait around All day and finally able to bring him home. After I picked up dinner for my parents, dropped off scripts, oversaw the home nurse caring for my Dad, picking up the scripts, grocery shopping for dinner for my family, dropping off the scripts to Dad and finally getting home around 8pm, I think I’m ready to take a long nap;) At least I have my Dad home where he belongs now.:)

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2008 at 4:23 pm

I’m glad to hear your Dad is home yet again. One of these times will be the charm!;) I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care,