Possible GBS therapy…LDN: Nashville…does anyone live reasonably close –??-

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Hi Everybody,

My brother had GBS last winter — he’s doing wonderfully now — however, I still like to check in here now and then and see how you all are doing.

I also have autoimmune issues so I am very active in research etc. I wanted to share some information about an upcoming [U][COLOR=”Red”][B]FREE CONFERENCE Nashville — Oct 20th — at Vanderbilt University[/B][/COLOR][/U] The topic is about “[B][U][COLOR=”Red”]Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)[/COLOR] [/U][/B]”. I have been doing some research on LDN for a few months now — a naturopath suggested I investigate LDN as a way to stop autoimmune progression.

I have Hashi’s, vitiligo and Sjogren’s and have posted information about LDN on both of the vitiligo and Sjogren’s forums that I participate in.

One of our vitiligo forum members responded to a post I created about LDN that she was approached by someone in the grocery store explaining that she was using LDN and she is having repigment results.

Another forum that I participate in for Sjogren’s also has a member using this therapy — and describes it as being extremely beneficial and cannot imagine her life without it. Folks with Sjogren’s can have a lot of debilitating symptoms — and using this therapy has helped this woman reclaim her life.

I did a ‘search’ and found at least one entry here about “Low Dose Naltrexone” (LDN) therapy… so at least there are a couple of you here that are familiar with this therapy….but there wasn’t much interest in that discussion at that time back in Feb 07… maybe if everyone had a better understanding of what it is there might be more interest. –??–

I’m hoping that someone on this forum may live in the Nashville area and can attend the conference and do some “[I][U]investigative reporting[/U][/I]” for this forum and then give us all a report of what you learned. There seems to be a lot of evidence that this therapy helps MS patients so I would certainly want to ask the question if GBS patients could also benefit.

Here is a link that explains in detail what LDN therapy is:

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/index.htm#What_is_low_dose_naltrexone
      …………………………………………………………………………………………

The conference in NASHVILLE on Oct 20th — and it’s a FREE conference…including lunch. I have contacted one of the organizers and she’s informed me that there are 35 seats available (that was at the beginning of beginning of Sept).

The reason why I’m so intrigued by this therapy is this: We all know that once AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE presents itself to someone, that person is then susceptible to many other possible autoimmune manifestations / disease categories. While I would love to have a cure for autoimmune, therapies that can halt or slow an autoimmune progression certainly have my interest.

ANYWAY — I hope someone can attend the conference and by asking questions generate some more research interest in autoimmune disease.

Best wishes…
      Jann

RE: Registration link: http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/events.htm