Possible answers nearly 5 years after GBS!!!

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2008 at 7:16 am

Hi everyone,

Well I have had nausea and fatigue as a couple of residuals from GBS as well as leg pain but i had some tests a couple of months ago. One was a gastric emptying study and the other was a cerebral spectrum scan (brain scan). I got the results back today and they showed that I now have a reduced blood flow in two areas into my brain and solid food is slow moving out of my stomach. This apparantly ‘medically diagnoses’ chronic fatigue. So nearly 5 years of feeling nauseated they are giving me Domperidone to try which will speed up the emptying of my stomach and also inhibit a chemical messenger in my brain which causes me to feel nauseous and vomit. Fingers crossed that this will work. I have been taking stemetil for the nausea on a limited basis as i dont want to use it long term. Chronic Fatigue makes you feel more tired hearing someone say it. (ha ha) Although i know i am always tired acutally having it proven is making me feel more so. Anyway my message to you all is keep asking questions and keep pushing for more help as I have. You dont know what is around the corner. I hope this works. I am now able to get this tablet through our national health system because it has been proved medically that my digestion is slowed with the fatigue.

I have to see the fatigue Professor for further assistance with that part but I will keep pursuing this until I have exhausted all avenues. I work 3 days a week and since returning to work after the GBS I have not had a sick day. I am determined not to let the fatigue beat me but I admit that is hard most days.

Best Wishes
      Debbie

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2008 at 4:00 pm

Best wishes to you Debbie. I hope this gets you on the fast road to recovery!