Old pancake,browie or cookie mix

    • Anonymous
      April 27, 2007 at 11:38 am

      Just received this email and wanted to share it with all of you.. It is about a boy who ate some old pancake mix and then died. Not sure how to cut and paste but here is the url http://www.snopes. com/pancake.asp if it dosn’t work tell me how to cut and paste from my email and I’ll try to get it for you Once again I just thought that it was something to be aware of for us and our family.

    • Anonymous
      April 27, 2007 at 1:42 pm

      This is true and also urban legend. Since the site snopes.com is a site about urban legends it is based on that but there could be truth to it. The bottom line to this story is that eating pancake mix along wouldnt kill the boy but it is possible that pancake mix or any other food item for that matter could have molds growing on it. If a person had an alergy to molds then they could have triggered an anaphylaxis shock in the person. It is documented that people have died from anaphylaxis shock after eating an item with molds if they had such an alergy.