Newly diagnosed

• October 29, 2018 at 3:11 pm

I was just diagnosed with CIDP and am awaiting insurance approval to start IVIG. I have several back issues and have had a hypotonic bladder for years. It has suddenly become worse over the last 4 months. Does anyone else have bladder involvement?

• November 7, 2018 at 11:45 am

When I came down with CIDP, I noticed that when I have to urinate, it is a right now situation and at times, I have to urinate frequently.

Never had that before I can came down with CIDP.

• November 13, 2018 at 3:09 pm

This is very interesting. I never put the two together. I’ve been on Vesicare for a couple of years due to weak bladder. I was diagnosed with CIDP 12-2017, and have been receiving IVIG since 02-2018.
      Just yesterday I went to my GP to see if there is anything stronger/better than Vesicare that seems to no longer be working. I have to go constantly. Guess I should discuss it with my Neurologist too.

Buzz

• November 13, 2018 at 7:10 pm

I have had a hypotonic bladder for about 15 years since my first back surgery. I empty my bladder by contracting my abdominal muscles. Since being diagnosed I have trouble emptying my bladder period. It is so troubling. I just started Flomax and it helps quite a bit. I asked the neurologist if it was possible that CIDP is affecting my bladder and he said he never heard of it, but it was certainly possible. I also have become extremely constipated, thinking that cidp has affected my intestional nerves as well. I just wonder what’s next.