New symptom

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I just posted in my last thread, but I thought I would start a new one, I woke up yesterday with pain in my right arm, like I had been working out, I have been taking care of my grandkids for the weekend so I thought maybe I was lifting then to much, but this morning I am in worse pain with this arm, I am wondering if my symptoms are getting worse? Any thoughts? Thanks, Jan

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Dear Jan,

I’m not very knowledgeable on most of this (even through I’ve been around here for eons), but I think you did over do it and it will take a few days with some extra rest to recover. Second day after doing more than I should is when I usually feel the worst.

It can’t hurt to make sure you are not pushing yourself too much – and get rest, rest, and more rest!

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Lifty one consideration is that you indeed were lifting too much and maybe strained your shoulder. I have MS and hubby has CIDP. My GP often says that we have too be careful not to chalk up all my symptoms to MS–which she says she tends to do. Even though you have CIDP, you can strain and sprain things too and although you may be less strong than a normal person you can sustain regular overuse injuries too. Voltaren emulgel anti-inflammatory cream is a must in our household–works super well. I hope you feel better soon.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2011 at 8:26 pm

How are you doing today Lifty?
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2011 at 3:24 am

I’ve had GBS since March 2004. Sometime in 2007 my left shoulder started hurting, often real bad. It’s still with me today and the doc’s say that it is just another residual of the GBS.
      John