New guy here

• October 19, 2021 at 12:04 pm

Hello All,

Diagnosed CIDP finally after lumbar punch showed high protein levels with normal white cell count. Did many blood and EMG first off but my neurologist said the lumbar punch results was what she needed for the true diagnosis. My first symptoms came on a few years ago but I thought the burning and numbness in my feet would go away on its own but it just kept getting worse and then went into my fingers also. The weakness started and I finally went to see my GP doctor. Told her of my issues and when she checked my reflexes, there were none. She instantly referred me to a neurologist. 4 months later now after all the test with my neurologist I am diagnosed with CIDP. She is going to start me on a 5 day treatment of IvIg. Found this forum and here I am. I am 65 years old and was an athlete in my youth. Never thought something like this would happen to me.

• October 19, 2021 at 6:03 pm

Welcome to the club. 66 years old with gbs.  Three years into it.  Hope the 5 day regiment works for you.

• November 26, 2021 at 3:15 pm

Read my story before getting IVIG. I never liked the idea of getting hooked up to a pump every month forever.  Plus, IMO, it isn’t as effective.  Others will argue every case is different and it probably is.

CIDP Diagnosed / Recovered / My Story

Sorry, you got this ridiculous disease but sounds like you caught it early as I did.