nerve test results

• August 26, 2008 at 2:00 pm

Hi all

Had my zaps done today…they were much more intense than the first test I had! Anyhow, results are that things look really good, but there is definitely evidence of residual damage. I am hoping it continues to heal, but it was very good news to have CIDP or anything else tossed out the window for sure. He said unless anything comes up, I dont have to see him for a year! So I deal with residuals and pray I continue to heal.

Prayers for everyone and hugs too

Lori

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2008 at 3:02 pm

Good news! I’m sorry your test was so intense. I hate that test! Hope by the time next year rolls around your doc will be surprised at your progress!!! Cheers to your continued recovery!

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2008 at 4:30 pm

Lori, that is a relief for it to be residuals vs CIDP. Refresh my memory. How long ago did you have GBS? I know you said but I have this swiss cheese brain that files stuff in all those holes/craters and then I can’t remember which crater I dropped the info in 😀

• August 26, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Thanks Smiley and Jan….I was sick enough to go to the hospital in July of 06.

Strangest thing, I came home from the test and was so incredibly tired that I slept restlessly for almost 3 hours. Doubt it had anything to do with the test, but who knows. I know one zap that sends a signal to the spinal cord and back down the arm made my brain feel as if it blinked or something. The lady said most people complain of getting very nauseous with that particular zap. And then of course my nerves felt tingly and twitchy for a bit afterwards. Strange test!

But, all good news and that is something to be very thankful for.

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2008 at 6:48 pm

In the 90’s when I first had that test it hurt like heck. All the zaps and shocks. MY last EMG/NCV I barely felt anything. I never felt the needles going in and only felt one zap. And I had some nasty nerve damage too with that last test.

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2008 at 8:16 pm

Lori, I glad the test came out OK. If it hurt, that means the nerves are healing and are transmitting signals. So even if it hurt, that’s good news. Your nerves are working!

• Anonymous
      August 27, 2008 at 9:16 am

Great news!!
      I had 2 rounds of that done in the hospital and it hurts like hell!!