needed to share

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 12:04 am

Well cyber-family, Sad news to deliver. My Mom passed away 10/31/08. She was in bad shape and at Stella Maris Hospice since Sunday. She’s been fighting cancer since 2002. Mom had prepaid her arrangements and there will be no viewing or service. She said to think happy thoughts of her, say a prayer and get to living. She was a wonderful mom and person. I’ve lost my bestest friend and I will miss her forever.
      Denise

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 12:20 am

Denise, I am sending hugs and prayers your way! It sounds like your mom was an amazing woman and would want you to celebrate her life when you can! Please know we are thinking of you.

marjie

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 12:28 am

I’m sorry to read this Denise. I’ve said a prayer for your dear Mom and for you.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 1:28 am

Denise ~ I am so sorry for you and your family. It’s always hard to let someone we love go to their rest but it’s so much better than suffering. I am sending prayers and hugs to all of you. Just know that your GBS family does care. Keep letting us know how you are. Judi Z

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 9:11 am

Denise,

I’m sorry to hear that your mom passed. You’re in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 10:06 am

Denise, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom on Valentine’s Day and miss her more with each day. She was my best friend, too.
      Hold on to her in your heart…and know that she will always be with you. She sounds so humble to want you to think happy thoughts and get back to living. I’m sure you have millions of happy memories.

My thoughts are with you…big hugs and lots of prayers.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 10:35 am

Denise,
      So sorry to hear about your Mom. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care,

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 10:49 am

Denise, So sorry that you lost your bestest friend. Hang on to all the great thoughts and memories like she wanted you to do, and know she is in a far better place and no more suffering. You are in my prayers. Sending you a big hug.
      Emma

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 12:12 pm

Denise,
      I am so sorry to hear of your moms passing. I can’t even imagine losing my mother because like you she is my best friend. Maybe making a scrapbook to honor her would help. Or something of that nature. Just remember you have friends that care.

Hugs and prayers

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 12:30 pm

[I][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Denise: You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother, Sending You a Big Hug ![/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 2:17 pm

Hello Denise,
      I lost my mom last January, so I do know from my heart how you feel. During a quiet moment, just close your eyes and feel the many hugs you are getting. Even though you try to prepare yourself when you know a loved one will die, missing that person can still hit you like a frieght train.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Denise,
      Sorry to hear of your mom passing away. Hold those special memories in your heart.
      Thinking of you
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Thank you all so very much for your comforting replies. I cherish every one of them and feel the comfort in my heart and the hugs all around me!

• November 2, 2008 at 5:52 pm

Prayers sent your way.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2008 at 10:49 pm

Denise, I am soo sorry for your loss. You and Your Family are in My Thoughts and Prayers. Please Take Care. God Bless Your Mom. You have A Special Angel watching over you now.:)

• November 3, 2008 at 11:33 am

Denise, I too am sorry to hear of your loss and send prayers and hugs your way. Peace be with you.

Gary

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2008 at 4:57 pm

Thank you for the prayers and words of comfort. I am especially weepy today I guess bc Mom isn’t here to leave a singing Happy Bday message on my answering machine, as she has done so many times in the past. It’s only been 3 days and that it is supposed to get easier as time goes by…

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Hi Denise! I haven’t had a chance to be on the forums for a few days so just got the news. I am so sorry to hear you lost your mom and your bestest friend. This is a journey that each of us makes in our own way and it isn’t about time or how long it takes to get over it, but rather what you personally need to grieve and move forward. I don’t think we ever stop loving and missing our mothers.

You mentioned a singing birthday greeting. Is today your birthday? Well, I can’t sing or sound like your mom ’cause I’m not you rmom but I can send warm wishes your way and hugs for the best day you can have.

I wish you God speed and let Him carry you through the days ahead. I am here to support; my thoughts, prayers, and sympathy are heading your way.

Best Always
      Janet

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2008 at 8:27 pm

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your Mother. She sounds like a very, very special lady and that the love the two of you shared was also special. Many years ago now, I lost my mother. It is still hard on my birthday and at holidays that she is not here, but I do know that love is greater than death. Your mother will stay with you in your heart and in a hundred things that you do like her. Peace. WithHope

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2008 at 5:56 am

Hello Smiley! I am so deeply sorry to hear about your mother’s passing. Will be saying prayers for your family at this time of need. My deepest Sympathy!
      I’m a little late posting due to being sickly all week! Many cyber hugs coming your way!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Thanks again for your words of comfort and cyber-hugs! Very much needed and appreciated.

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2008 at 3:31 pm

All my best Denise. Be well.
      Linda C.

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2008 at 11:39 pm

God will comfort you, Denise. You will remember your mom’s voice; her words of counsel will still come to your mind during the small moments and the big moments of your life. Her spiritual presence will still be felt.

Whenever you reach out to God in the need of your heart and mind, He will draw near to you, reminding you of eternal life, and the hope and reality of reunion with your mom in eternity. He will sustain you in your grief, and give you solace.
      God’s Blessings be upon you!

–Donna
      My mom passed away a year ago.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2008 at 12:05 am

Hi Smiley! Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you in your time of need. It’s going to be a rough road for a while but in time the wounds will heal. You will have sadness for a while and then you will probably even have anger. Then you will have one thing that nobody can ever take away from you. The cherished memories. When I get sad about my father, I start thinking about all the good he had in him. All the wonderful memories my father gave me as a child and adult. I still see his beautiful smile sometimes in my memories and it makes me feel so good to have those beautiful thoughts about him. I feel like he is with me at times and I cherish those moments. You too will have your mother by your side watching over you. She will no longer be of sickness and her spirit will be with you forever. When you want her there for you she will come! Hugs