Need for prayers

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 4:40 pm

I have been fighting CIDP since May 2006 with 5 relapses that took me from the walker to a w/c each time. I thought I was turning the corner as I just got a 4 wheeled walker with a seat and am trying to walk in my house with a wide base quad cane. I haven’t had a relapse since January.

So now for the bad news…I went for my annual checkup and my mammogram and ultrasound came back abnormal. Today I had bilateral breast biopsy and axillary node biopsies. I am only 46 years old and this is just a lot to digest. The radiologist told me that a “life altering event” (CIDP) and the fact I am on Immunosuppressants (steroids and methotrexate) could cause the cancer cells to grow if I had them in my body. I won’t find out the results till Tues, so until then I am in limbo. Say a prayer for me. I know whatever happens, I will continue to gain support from this family.

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 4:44 pm

Hello…

Prayers are being sent your way for good news to come from all of this.
      Please let us know how you are doing.

God Bless you…

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 6:06 pm

Jan, You are in My Thoughts and Prayers. Please don’t think about it all weekend, stay positive, you don’t need more stress. Keep us updated. Take care. Big Hugs!!!

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 8:21 pm

Jan, my heart goes out to you. I was diagnosed in August 05. In January 06 I had a lumpectomy. My results were benign, but the fear that was there before the results came back were horrible. (My family is at a very high risk, 5 so far, mother, both grandmothers and 2 aunts).
      I will say a prayer for good results for you.
      Bluangel

• August 10, 2007 at 8:46 pm

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear about your news. I will pray for you. Please try to keep your spirits up, we will be hear for you when you get your results!

Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 9:35 pm

Jan ~ I am sending prayer thoughts and hugs your way.

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 10:53 pm

Oh Jan, please know that we are all thinking about you. Let us know as soon as you find out.

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 6:18 am

Hi, Jan.

You’re definitely on my prayer list. I’ve had several abnormal mammograms over the years and one definite lump that I’m thankful was benign. Waiting for results can be very stressful–do whatever you can to relax the next few days.

Please keep us updated.

Deb
      London

• August 11, 2007 at 7:17 am

Jan,
      The waiting must be terrible. You have my prayers and hopefully all the worrying will be for nothing. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.
      Pattie

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 7:47 am

Jan,
      You and your family will be in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 8:05 am

I’m so sorry about your “bad news”. I have not had to endure that waiting game, so I can’t say that I know how you feel, but it must be very difficult. Try to keep your mind busy, and get some extra rest. I will be praying for you Jan!

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 7:57 am

Thanks for all the prayers. The waiting is the worse. I will post when I find out the results. I am trying not to worry and think about it but I have to admit I am scared. Tues can’t come fast enough.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 5:17 pm

Jan,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know when you find out, we are here for you.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 9:22 pm

over a year ago…Do not panic yet? Promise? Please? The whole shebang really comes down to the biopsy results….THEN the decisions regarding what all to do next…there are often an overwhelming variety of ‘options’ for treatment….Of course, the WAITING is torture…nothing less.
      Do not cram your brain with infos about ‘cancer’ until you know where you are about WHICH cancer. You will only info overload before you need to get the right INFO?
      Remember back to when you were first diagnosed with CIDP…and all the confusion that came with that…You have to step back now…Remember you are experienced [when panic doesn’t rule] about dealing with docs and info and tests and all the WHAT NEXT’s that go with any territory. Just be cool in-between the panic attacks and wait for what ‘plan’ comes next.. then learn the whole routine and all the pros/cons to decide.
      If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to PM me…I’ll be more than glad to refer you to very reliable cancer sources.
      Of course, that is probably not going to stop you from trying to climb up the walls and ceiling in the interim…I for one, suspect I’ve a lot of wallboard in my house that needs replacing because of the ‘coping’ process. It IS hard on the fingernails tho…

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 5:27 pm

The results are in…bad news. The biopsies both came back positive for cancer. I have a rather large tumor and we know at least one lymph node is involved. Now the whirlwind is starting. I am scheduled for an MRI to see if the lymph nodes on both sides are affected and whether there are any “missed spots” on the breasts. Then its a PET scan to see if it might have metastisized any where else in the body. I will be having chemo first before surgery and radiation, so I am scheduled for a port placement as well. Its just surreal at this point. I know I will be looking for support and this will be a place to continue to get it. I wonder if we will be able to keep the CIDP stable. I was hoping it was all just a dream…I have vowed to remain strong.

Thanks again for your prayers and good thoughts.
      Jan

• August 15, 2007 at 6:59 pm

Hi Jan,
      Sorry about the bad news, you will be in mine and Kevies prayers. Every night we pray for everyone on the forum. Maybe the chemo will be helpful with the cidp. Good luck and stay strong.

Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 7:28 pm

Jan,
      I’m so very sorry to hear the bad news! I have no idea how surreal things feel for you at the moment, but you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Do you have a strong support system at home?

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 7:52 pm

Jan, you are defiinely in my thoughts and prayers. I know how you feel. I had to have a double mastomy 15 years ago and it involved the lymph nodes.
      Just keep your chin up and keep pushing forward.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 8:50 pm

Jan

I’m so sorry to hear the news…you are in my prayers and I truly wish you
      the very best. Probably the chemo will arrest the CIDP.

Wishing you the best…

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Jan,
      Please stay in touch with us. I have been thinking about you every day. Especially since you e-mailed me and we have metho in common. I have considered you a touchstone. So now I hope to be that for you. ANYTHING you need is just a click away. If you need to talk you can call me as well. I will leave you my number on your private e-mail. I am praying for you. Don’t worry about the CIDP at this point. As others have said, the chemo will probably help it. So just concentrate on healing your whole being. The most important part being your mind. Remember to keep breathing deeply and slowly as you make the decisions you need to make.
      Peace,
      Linda

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 11:16 pm

Jan, If there is anything I can do for you just let me know. You can win this battle also! You are always in my Prayers and Thoughts. Big Hugs Hun!!!!

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 12:25 am

I am so sorry to hear your news.:( I just prayed again for you. I cannot imagine how this must feel.

Blu

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 9:55 pm

Jan,
      I sorry the news wasn’t what you wanted to hear. You and your family will be continually in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2007 at 1:07 pm

In my case, 1+1/2+ years after my CIDP onset, the ‘lump’ was found. Because my neuropathy was mainly sensory, afterwards, until it was ‘out’ I never could feel or find that LUMP!
      I was lucky in that I called ALL my docs: from neurologist to dermatologist and asked each about WHO they would recommend for surgery, reconstruction and for f/u oncology. Each doc [ten of them who care for me-I’ve now a few more?] gave me 3-5 names each – of which 4 names came out top rated. Then I crossed off those who weren’t in my category of PPO’s in my plan. THEN I went on the ‘web’ and researched the dickens out of each of them! I found a surgeon who does nothing but BC surgeries, a plastic surgeon in the same office to do reconstruction and an Ocon/Hematologist to do the follow up. The last wasn’t a ‘Star’ on all the referrals, but the Hemat…part I felt would be useful given the immune issues. I was right on all fronts!
      After the ‘standard mammogram’, there came a more particular ‘sonogram’. Then the Biopsy, then a ‘Pet Scan’ [I’ve a family history of cancers, all different for each person {JOY?!}] then the ‘surgery’ with lymph node biopsies and an ‘oncotype test’ to help assess whether chemo or rads would be needed. I escaped that latter part.
      IMPORTANT HERE is that the PET and Onco tests are still considered by some insurances as ‘experimental’ tho many do cover them. In my case they did, but I received calls from both parent ‘companies’ asking IF I needed financial assistance…These calls came during the insurance ‘pre-approval’ processes. While I was ‘covered’, it’s a comfort to know that those who really need it aren’t left out.
      The Oncotype test occurs after the surgical biopsy initial results are in. They take about 3 weeks-they are very LONG weeks indeed! But they do determine what your ‘odds’ are given certain hormone types that are variable given an ‘affinity?’ to cancers in the future or not. That all determines what future therapies such as chemo, radiation etc. and the types and natures of ‘after surgery therapies’ one gets.
      I was very, truly lucky! I got surgery and went straight to the ‘after-surgery’ stuff.
      I have to say tho, that going thru this whole Cancer diagnosis, all I ever met were professionals who KNEW their jobs and DID them WELL! Far different for most who start out with the ‘numb toes’! So the whole cancer ‘thing’ was easier than the CIDP ‘thing’ because a] Folks knew what to do; b] how to do it; and lastly just went and did what needed to be done! No mushing around!
      I promise to be here for you whenever you need. It’s scary in ever so many ways! All of those WHAT-IF’s and IF-ONLY’s start to haunt you. Do not let them!
      I hope this helps you and others understand the ‘processes’ that go on during the diagnoses and treatments.