need doc

    • Anonymous
      October 25, 2007 at 9:14 pm

      I am LOOKING:eek: for a specialist in gbs/cidp in denver colorado area. can anyone help:confused: thank you

    • Anonymous
      October 25, 2007 at 9:38 pm

      Check with Norb. Or there is Jef. and a few others in Co. I’m sure they could point you in the right direction. How have ya been doin?

    • Anonymous
      October 26, 2007 at 4:48 pm

      Hi, I know this would be alot further for you, I decided to go to Kansas City to the doctor is mentioned alot in our newsletters. It is 3 1/2 hours from here in Yankton. Hope you find someone, I had been fighting the problem of finding the right doctor for a year now. All part of living in HUsker country.
      Hope you are feeling better, Regina

need doc

    • Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 12:39 pm

      we are looking for doctor that specializes in gbs We live in carlisle PA?

    • Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 6:47 pm

      Hi Im from PA too northeast to be exact. (buried in snow at the moment!!) I would suggest to contact neuros in the philly or harrisburg area (large hospital such as penn state, or temple). I was treated in allentown, PA, and my docs were great during my hospital stay, but I am not all that happy w/followup care. I would say I am 95% recovered (still have residual weaknesses) in one year (I was lucky).

    • Anonymous
      February 15, 2007 at 8:46 am

      I used the Neurology Department at Hahneman in Philadelphia. I can highly recommend them. Please p.m. me if you want more details. Good Luck…

    • Anonymous
      February 15, 2007 at 2:16 pm

      Since this foundation is located in PA, I’m sure a call to them would help you. 610-667-0131.

    • Anonymous
      February 15, 2007 at 8:28 pm

      I live in York and have not had very good success in finding a neuro that specializes although I hear Hershey or Johns Hopkins are the place to go.

    • Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 10:29 am

      Sorry I didn’t see this earlier…been busy crackin’ ice/snow and trying to stay warm.

      I too live in York!!! I can give you the Dr that we have at this time.

      Dr. Robert L. Sterling, MD
      290 St. Charles Way
      York, PA 17402

      717-851-5503 Tel
      717-851-5507 Fax

      He works out of the York Hospital (WellSpan, Neurology). He was placed on my wife’s case back in Aug/2006 and as of this time my wife is recovering very well and even back to work.:) Still, it was a hard struggle, but he came on board (after a spinal cord cyst removed) and got “us” the IVIG treatments and we’ve been progressing quite well since.:D He’s very happy with the wife’s progress as am I. Our case may NOT have been as “acute” as many others on this board, but he’s done a good job….so far.

      We also were directed to HealthSouth ReHab, 717-767-8734, 1850 Normandie Dr., York (York branches) for all the follow-up “in-patient and out-patient” rehab the wife had to do.

      I’m not sure about anything in the Carlisle/Harrisburg area at this time. Not sure if Harrisburg Hospital, Holy Spirit Hospital has “anyone” experienced with this syndrome. Maybe a call to WellSpan, Neurology will get a recommendation in the your area. And if not…they may recommend that you come down to York for your needed help.

      I hope this helps.