My Mother passed away

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 1:56 am

Mother passed away on 2nd June, 07 at the age of about 83 years.

Her upper left leg at waist joint was fractured about two and half months back. She was standing at door and due to blow of wind, door struck her and she fell down. I admitted her in Hospital on 21st of April. Doctor advised for operation. Meanwhile, she was put on traction for about 10 days but due to deterioration of her physical condition, operation was not possible. After discussing with my brothers and sister, I requested Doctor not to undertake operation and brought her home on 10th of May.

Since then she was bedridden and bed sore resulted in death on 2nd June.

I used to look after her before and after office hours. Day time my wife did a marvelous job to give her all comfort, feed her and keeps her clean.

My father died in 1971, my elder brother was in college and we other two brothers and one sister were in school and nobody was an earning member in our house. I know how she brought up us from ashes to this comfort level. I cannot forget those days throughout my life.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 3:24 am

Sandeep,

You have my deepest condolences in your great loss. Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 4:31 am

I am sooooo sorry, Sandeep. My prayers and condolences are also with you and your family. What a tragedy. I now the “deep” pain that I felt when my Dad passed in September of 2002. I still hurt to this day!!! God bless you.

Per

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 10:20 am

[B]Sandeep,

My Deepest Sympathy to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.[/B]

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 10:29 am

Sandeep,

Your family did the right thing with letting her die at home. Although it was probably a rough time with the bed sore issue – my father went through that Feb 2006. My prayers are for healing to you and your family.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 11:05 am

Dear Sandeep,

My sincere condolences to you and your family on your mothers passing. You are all in my thoughts and I know your wonderful memories of her will be a comfort to you. Please send my best wishes to your wife too.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 11:20 am

Dear Sandeep,
      My deepest condolences to you and your family. You will be in my prayers

Jim C

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Sandeep,
      Our prayers and our thoughts are with you at this sad time. I know the care you gave your mother comes from a loving and willing heart. I too care for my mother. If you close your eyes, you will feel a hug from each one of us.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 1:12 pm

Sandeep, You and Your Family are in My Prayers and Thoughts. I’m so sorry for your loss. Take Care.

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 1:16 pm

Sandeep,

Words can’t express how sad it is to hear of your mother’s death. There is nobody else like your mother, and it sounds like she was certainly also an exceptional person.

Please accept my sincere condolences, and know that my heart is with you and your family as you grieve her loss.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 4:28 pm

I am sorry Sandeep for your loss. Know that she is watching over you.

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2007 at 5:20 pm

Sandeep, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Thanks all of you for kind support.

I was away from home for performing traditional after death ceremony at my elder brother’s house, I could not visit this site earlier.

As per our Hindu tradition, there are certain procedures to do on 3rd, 9th through 13th day from the date of death (to be performed by the elder or younger son).

Since my mother was well admired for the hardship she faced during her life, the functions on the 10th & 13th day were well attended by the relatives and family friends.

Anyway I once again thank you all.

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 12:18 pm

Dear Sandeep,
      I too am so sorry for your pain. Life is never the same when your parent is not in the world. Let this time be your time to do exactly as you need and don’t rush the grief. My heart is with you.
      LInda