Multiple vaccines at the same time?

• November 25, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Hello All.  Newbie here, but had GBS, Miller Fisher in 2006. So glad to be here.

Recently turned 65 and now my GP is booking me for Shigrix and Prevnar 13 at the same time in January.  As it happens I also become eligible for my 3rd Covid shot in early January (little in the way of side effects from the first 2). Needless to say I think it represents a viral overload to my system and am leaning away from the Shingrix vaccine anyway due to the FDA warning, and 2 vaccines for different respiratory problems close together doesn’t feel right to me.

Just wondering if anybody has any info or knows where to find info on GBS and the use of multiple vaccines close together.  Also, since I have already had GBS, does that make me more or less likely to have it again?

Many thanks.

• November 27, 2021 at 2:27 pm

I wouldn’t get either vaccine. These two vaccines (Shingles and Pneumonia) are known as high risk in bringing on GBS/CIDP/MFS in those who have already had such.

Read about Shingles here: https://forum.gbs-cidp.org/forums/topic/shingles-2

There are many discussions here about the Pneumonia vaccine and adverse reactions. Simply search the forums for “Pneumonia vaccine”.

Tagged: