More weather related symptoms

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Fall moved into my part of the world this past week. With the cold front, I noticed more nerve pain in my legs and back, more frequent and longer lasting muscle spams, and increased general weakness. My balance is also suffering.

Who else has weather realated symptom flareups? I know we have discussed this in the past, but felt it may be worth mentioning again for our newer members.

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2007 at 10:11 am

Just back from 7 days in hospital and checking the threads again. John. Just have a look at my nervepainandweather dot co dot uk site and see what you think.
      I must limit my online time as I had become very tired over 5 months. A consultant believes it may have resulted from the severe extra nerve pain I have been experiencing. That in turn due to a chemical change in my nervous system following a severe viral infection.:eek:

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2007 at 1:44 pm

Emily has more aches & pains when the weather changes in any season. She also seems to be more stiff on the cooler mornings.

She hasn’t really had any leg pain lately but has been complaining of lower back pain. She wants me to push on her back hard or rub it really hard to help the pain. Anyone have any ideas on that? It’s so hard to figure out what’s going on when you’re dealing with a kid.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2007 at 2:17 pm

I have a similar pain, but mine includes the legs. I am no doctor, but it sounds like her sciatic nerve may be affected as mine is. I am unable to sleep many nights due to the pain. I notice this more so when cold weather sets in.

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2007 at 2:51 pm

Kelly,

Have you tried heat on Emily’s back and legs?
      I also have bad back pain I find heat helps.

Instead of using hot water use rice pack.
      Sew a pouch out cute material put some raw rice in it.
      Double sew all edges so no rice can get out
      Heat in micowave until warm usually 1-2 minutes.
      This pack can be used over and over.
      I have had mine for a year now.

Rhonda