More good news!

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 1:17 am

My dad called earlier to tell me my mom is leaving the hospital tomorrow and is headed for a rehab facility!!!! I guess she’s also been breathing on her own now for a week!!!! She’s beyond just applesauce and is eating real food (well. it’s still hospital food, so “real” might not be the best word to describe it). I asked if the rehab place is familiar with GBS and my dad wasn’t sure. I’ll find out next week when I see her. I am so happy and so excited! I know there’s a long way to go still, but she is definitely on her way!!!
      Thank you all so much for all of your support!

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 1:22 am

Wonderful news! Let us know how she is doing! I’ll keep yall’ in my prayers!

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 11:21 am

Jen,

I’m so pleased for you and the family! I havent gone back to look ….. when did you say you were going up for a visit?

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 11:49 am

JennIvy that is great news! Some times things happen so quickly that when they start to slow down we loose our patience. She has a long way to come but working with rehab is a giant step. Eating and breathing on her own now will give her more confidence. Just stuff like that gives you hope and confidence that people that told you that you would get better are actually correct! Keep being possitive. Try some of the exercises they make her do and they are going to be a challenge for the fit family members too! Hang in there! Enjoy your visits! Let us know how things are going. Give her a big hug from us!

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 1:22 pm

Jenn that is such great news. Tell her we are thinking of her.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 1:46 pm

Hi Jen

That is excellent news…I am so happy to hear this!!! Have a great visit with
      her.

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2007 at 4:08 pm

That’s great to hear! Wishing your mom a speedy and full recovery. God bless.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 1:26 am

I had a voice mail from my mom today!!!! First time I’ve heard her voice in over 2 months. She sounded great! Her voice is just the same and she sounded happy, too! My brother said the rehab place is really nice and she just seems so much better there. (No one is telling me about her legs- still don’t think she can move them, but that’s okay- one thing at a time). I saved the message and have just been listening to it over and over. Only a few more days and I’ll be by her side again.
      Thanks for keeping me going through all this!
      Jenn

• August 16, 2007 at 9:56 am

Jenn,
      I am happy for you and your family. Now that your mom is able to talk on the phone, I hope it will be easier for you knowing that contact is just a phone call away.

Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 11:29 am

Jenn That is Wonderful News!! I can feel how excited you are to see her. Give Your Mom Big Hugs for me when You see her. Keep the Good News coming!:)

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2007 at 5:51 am

I have tingles up my spine … what wonderful news. She has come such a long way. Have a wonderful visit and let her kbnow there are so many people here who are following her progress with you.